Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jhibionada
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Blackberry Z10 Issues that need to be worked out!

I've had the Z10 for a few days now and I've loved the experience aside from a couple of weird issues that have been occuring on my device.

1. Swiping the lock screen

The lockscreen works great 80% of the time but there have been some instances when I've tried to swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to unlock and it just doesn't read anything at all. I'll press the top button to put the phone to sleep and then push again to wake and I still am unable to unlock the phone.  To fix this I've had to reboot the phone and then it will start working normally.  This has happened on a number of occasions.

2. Hitting the 'Send' Key when Texting

I love the Z10 keyboard. It seems I am able to type much faster than any device previous though there is a bug here as well. Sometimes I will type out a whole message and when I try hitting 'Send' to complete the message it doesn't actually send! The key looks like it's being pressed down and everything. I can hit it more than once and it won't send the message.  I've tried putting the phone to sleep and opening it again. I've tried closing the window and switching to another app then switching back and that doesnt work either. The only solution is to cancel the entire message (clear the field), exit to Text Messages by hitting back all the way, going back into the chosen text message conversation, and then retyping. This has worked for me.

I know it seems these issues are resolved through certain methods but I believe our users should not have to go through this type of trouble to alleviate such issues.  Please take a look into these problems and include their resolution in the next software update. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Z10 Issues that need to be worked out!

Of the many bugs I have experienced, those two are new to me.

Hopefully BlackBerry will pay attention and updates made will consider what you've posted here.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. So, you might also want to let your Virgin Mobile tech support know of these problems and ask them to escalate the issue to BlackBerry tech support in order that they be logged and get noticed internally.

On #1, make certain you are actually swiping at a start point from the bezel, not on the ative screen itself.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abdkahlout
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: QTel

Z10 does not have next line in BBM or SMS, where is the quality assurance blackberry
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

next line? Do you mean the ability to place a hard return in the SMS or BBM?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
antheana
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi there,

I also have some issues with the Z10 that need to be ironed out!

Notifications

In previous BlackBerry's it was possible to create your own sound profile, with the Z10, it's all or nothing. I can only use the limited notification options, and even then, i still have to adjust the settings per application, as when I put it on 'Silent', i still was notified when I got a whatsapp or bbm message.

Sound

Similar to the above, sound is an all or nothing thing with the Z10. In previous versions, you could adjust the sound individually for each item e.g. if I'm playing music, the sound I adjust is specifically for the music player (as long as i'ts open). When I want to put the phone call ringtone on normal, i can still set it so that the BBM or email or text is on volume 1 or 2, if I choose to. With this, when I turn up the sound, everything is loud, so I turn it down to reduce the sound of notifications, but then end up missing calls.

Picture Galleries

The set up of pictures is way too confusing. In my previous torch, if I received a photo, it goes to whatsapp folder, if i screen grabbed, it goes to screengrab folder, if i take a picture, it goes to camera. Here, it annoyingly stores images in a variety of weird locations and also duplicates images e.g. If I send an image to a whatsapp contact, then open another chat and send them the same image, it has duplicated the original image twice and continues to do so for each contact I send the image to.

BlackBerry Messenger

A few things here..

1. previously, if I was in a chat with someone, i could just call them. Now, I have to exit, go to contacts or phone, locate them and then make a call. Too long winded.

2. Updates - I used to have an option to suppress all updates, now I have to select every single contact and hide updates individually.

3. Status Updates - why can't I add emoticons in my status? I could before, now it's just text and boring...

4. Display picture - if i had a large photo, I could zoom in or out, here, i dont get the option, so all my photos come out strange or I have to go into pictures, edit it, then return to BBM and hope that it now fits in the small square available for the dp.

Phone

1.Telephone numbers aren't grouped in the call log. So I end up having to scroll for a long time to get to a number or contact that i called or called me previously. It would have an entry for every call made (ingoing, outgoing, missed)...so unecessarily clutters the list.

2. Also, sometimes when I go into Phone and touch a recently dialled number or a contact, it just doesn't call. I exit, go back in and try again, nothing. In the end, I have to turn off the phone, wait for it to restart, go back in and it's fine...!

I do actually love this phone, I'm just ranting about the little things that make a big difference. This is why the battery is so **bleep**, because I'm constantly having to open and close apps because not enough of the common tasks are centralised enough.

Let's hope BlackBerry actually monitor these boards and can take some of these suggestions on board for the next OS update!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jhibionada

I am also having issues with my email. I'm not receiving any of them to my phone... all day I get nothing and when I check my email from my computer, there they all are. I haven't gotten an email since 8:45 PM of Sunday, Feb 17 and it's already 7:15PM of the following day.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jhibionada

It seems like the Z10 is forgetting the password to my gmail, and thus, not being able to connect to the server to get email.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abdkahlout
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: QTel

Hello

Yes, I mean if I want to write any thing in point then the only way is to write it all in one line, There is no option to replace the SEND key to be "New line" same like the previous blackberry operating systems.

Small things but Definitely enforce the people to switch forever from Blackberry to anything else

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Billy_Maharis
My Carrier: Fido

Hello

I agree, I noticed that too. Sometimes I wished I had the return/enter key when I write lengthy text messages. For emails it is there and it is brilliant.

Thanks,

Billy.
Please use plain text.
irb
irb
My Device: black berry 10 z10
My Carrier: fido

I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem with there network service cutting out. I'm with fido. It might be just the company that I'm with. Or it could be the phone.
Please use plain text.