Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
dvk11
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Blackberry Z10 Issues that need to be worked out!

Hi Jsanders,

I'm just venting my disappointment... anyway, I did tried the add dictionary feature, but still no success.. tried to look for a solution everywhere, but also no success... tried to contact or reach BlackBerry, again, no success.. so I'm pretty frustrated. now my keyboard is acting funny... It changes the words that I type with words that I did not add in autotext, even after I turn off the text prediction. I can't turn off my autotext though because I need it for my business. Been looking for an upgrade, but all available upgrades says "at your own Risks". Can't ask my operator cause I did not get it with a plan.. I'm lost & frustrated.. :s
JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dvk11 wrote:
Hi Jsanders,

I'm just venting my disappointment... anyway, I did tried the add dictionary feature, but still no success.. tried to look for a solution everywhere, but also no success...

What does "no success" mean? What kept you from adding to the dictionary?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
translog
My Device: BBZ10

Hitting the phone (handset icon) to get into phone mode takes at minimum 2 trieds sometimes 3 to get it so wakeup and start.

Marking emails as read takes sometime to do once the action is done.

Deleting emails at times works (slowly) and sometimes does not.

If you send a photo that you have taken withthe Z10 to another person , they cannot view it only if you send it via text what a pain.

To put the phone into silent or other mode is laborious to say the least. Why can you not have a hot button.

I keep receiving emails from 1 account even once they are deleted. AFter the delete they are redownloaded. I have set the webmail server to hold onto emails to its least setting as being 1 dat still does it.

New Contributor
translog
My Device: BBZ10

Z10 does not syncronize with outlook . Must migrate all to outlook.com and do this wirelessly. Could not migrate all of my contacts to z10 have 3000 contacts in Bold 9700, outlook.com can only hold 1/4 of that in order to synch wirelessly.

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

translog wrote:

Hitting the phone (handset icon) to get into phone mode takes at minimum 2 trieds sometimes 3 to get it so wakeup and start.

Try waiting a few milliseconds before you touch it when you swipe onto that screen.

Marking emails as read takes sometime to do once the action is done.

It is making these changes on the server, so it takes a moment for it to communicate and reflect the successful header change. :smileywink:

Deleting emails at times works (slowly) and sometimes does not.

Same as above.

If you send a photo that you have taken withthe Z10 to another person , they cannot view it only if you send it via text what a pain.

I haven't noticed this, you are sending them as email attachments?

To put the phone into silent or other mode is laborious to say the least. Why can you not have a hot button.

Quick and easy. Swipe up from bottom, swipe down from top, tap the ICON beside Notifications. :smileywink:

I keep receiving emails from 1 account even once they are deleted. AFter the delete they are redownloaded. I have set the webmail server to hold onto emails to its least setting as being 1 dat still does it.

Not sure what you mean by this, please explain further?

Answers in blue..

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

translog wrote:

Z10 does not syncronize with outlook . Must migrate all to outlook.com and do this wirelessly. Could not migrate all of my contacts to z10 have 3000 contacts in Bold 9700, outlook.com can only hold 1/4 of that in order to synch wirelessly.

In the last revision of BB Link for PC you can now synchronise from Outlook to the Z10 - the other direction is said to be on the way in a new software release in the future... no date yet.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
JSanders

translog wrote:

Z10 does not syncronize with outlook .

Link will transfer your contacts and calendar only from the desktop Outlook to your Z10. Not sync.

I was not aware of the contact limit in Outlook.com, how did you transfer the contact data to your Outlook.com account?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
dvk11
My Device: Torch 9810

Hi J

Nothing kept me from adding words to the dictionary. I did do it but the words were never added.

I would either add through the setting page or using the add dictionary (when underlined red) but those words that I added were never added/listed in the dictionary (I don't see the words that I added in the dictionary) . I don't know why.. This is what I'm trying to figure out.

I think there's a bug because despite all the adding etc, there is only one word in the dictionary: "False"
Contributor
dragonbz
My Device: z10

I cannot transfer my phone book to z10. I was using 9900. Please help me
JSanders

dvk11 wrote:

I think there's a bug because despite all the adding etc, there is only one word in the dictionary: "False"

Are you looking at your Settings > Language & Input > Spell check > Edit Personal Dictionary?

Knowledge Base Updates