Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Z10 Issues that need to be worked out!

It should work for you.

If you have a problem, post back here. Mind, this is not an official support site. If you have a serious problem, we can try to help, but your final and foremost support should come from your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RivieraPools
My Device: Blackberry-Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Canadian cell providers may be on board, but the useless (promote Apple and Samsung to the exclusion of all else) turds at AT&T stores in the U.S., know nothing of this product.  Truly pathetic.  S.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Yea, I think turning to some salesperson at AT&T retail store would be useless.. they are supposedly trained in sales, not at all in tech support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
jwmaustin
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I likewise find the SEND key to be too close to backspace, spacebar, period, etc.  It's way to easy to hit those especially since they are logically at end of sentences or when you are correcting.  That means you can VERY LIKELY hit SEND when you especially don't want to....when you are backspacing for corrections.  This is a serious problem it seems to me since its not a simple software fix.  I'm surprisec its not covered more.  IPhone solves this by separating SEND from the keyboard.  I'm a longtime user but ready to give up on Z10.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

jwmaustin, rather than touching the backspace key, swipe from right to left across the keyboard to delete the one last word you type. Again, for the next, and so on.

To delete on character, yes you have to hit the delete key. It is close but trust me I have big fat thumbs as much as anyone, and I have not experienced the issue your having.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DGREEN-SYD
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

THis issue still exisits - so when you go into Edit Personal Dictionary - you add a new word into the dictionary. there is no save button. the word goes on the list. once you exit out of the whope application, and then go back into the Edit Dictionary - all the words added are gone and the only word present is 'false".

my device is OS 10.0.10.261

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Sorry, I don't see that. I've added new words and they remain.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DGREEN-SYD
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Kind of make these forums pointless if you have a few people saying they have problems - yet the expert denies the problem beacuse it works for them

How about provding some uselful advice as opposed to denying what users are saying. i have tried to get this work about 15 times and it never saves - so im either doing something wrong or there is a isses with certain phones or os versions.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

I haven't denied anything, DGREEN-SYD, I just can't reproduce it.

So please, relax. If you feel this forum is pointless, call Telstra for your valid Z10 technical support for which you are already paying and have contracted for.

Meanwhile, since I just noticed you are on OS 10.0, I would recommend upgrading your device to OS 10.1 to fix this issue.

How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS

Note the first first two bullets in that post. If you need assistance with that process, please post in that thread.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
leewclark
My Device: Z 10

While rumor has it that what I am about to mention is a carrier problem,  Blackberry needs to take control of their software updates. 

Having carriers push them is only making for some frustrated device owners.  I am with Verizon and they have yet to push the 10.0.1 update.  It is almost as if Verizon is trying to sabbotage BBerry.

Blackberry, please take control of the updates out of the hands of the carriers.

Please use plain text.