Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Blackberry Z10 Issues that need to be worked out!

Using the clock app in bedside mode seems to cause all sorts of glitches.  The app comes up when you unlock the phone and it is not possible to close it.  After a period of about 10 minutes you can close it.  During this period, when you turn the device landscape, the clock face distorts and becomes like a Dali painting.  The buttons do not turn....

If you are in a hurry to use the phone, you have to reboot the device.

h33
Contributor
My Device: Zed 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Z10 Issues that need to be worked out! - Rotation Lock

[ Edited ]

Need Rotation Lock to lock even when the handset is turned off.

Don't like to have to lock it every morning.

Solutions: 6,137
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

h33 wrote:

Need Rotation Lock to lock even when the handset is turned off.

Don't like to have to lock it every morning.

Do you mean your device loses the memory of the rotation lock state when turning off and back on the device?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
h33
Contributor
My Device: Zed 10
My Carrier: Rogers

seems to lose memory - should only have to set Rotation Lock once, I figure - can't say it "unlocks" every time i turn off and on, though

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

I have come to love my bb10 but do have a problem with my notifications going to silent on me. I not narrowed done exactly when it happens or what might be causing it but it is happening pretty regularly.
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Mobifone _ Vietnam

in addition with issue of customizing the sound for selected profile management like in the previous OS, thanks to also share the way how to locally delete a picture posted by the other member in BBM group (sometime it was offensive or does not suit to save)

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: three

Hi

I've been using z10 for about a month, and I can't decide whether to like it or toss it. For sure though it does not meet my expectations, especially there are still so many bugs & missing features in this phone. Plus, BlackBerry seems to not really monitor the forums, very bad after sales service...

Besides some of the above problems, mine somehow can not add any words in the personal dictionary. I'd add few words, but then in the dictionary, it only has 1 word: 'false'

Anyone experiencing the same? I want to upgrade, but my OS is the very 1st version, and since I bought it without any plan & the phone has just recently launched, so I'm at my own risk if I want to upgrade it myself :s. Another big flaw of BlackBerry...
Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

1. Gmail server cannot be sync ed.

2. How do u clear recent update in bbm?

3. How do u turn off recent update in bbm? coz sometimes u need to save some battery power by turning if off. I only have 300+ contacts but it does saves some power by turning it off.

4. BBM in older OS is much much easier to use.

Please fix this. Thank you

dvk11 wrote:

I've been using z10 for about a month, and I can't decide whether to like it or toss it. For sure though it does not meet my expectations, especially there are still so many bugs & missing features in this phone. Plus, BlackBerry seems to not really monitor the forums, very bad after sales service...

Besides some of the above problems, mine somehow can not add any words in the personal dictionary. I'd add few words, but then in the dictionary, it only has 1 word: 'false'

1. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

2. Anytime you're typing and a wor is unrecognized, you will see a RED underline of the unrecognized word. touch that word, and dictionary suggestions will popup or ADD TO DICTIONARY as an option.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates

[ Edited ]

dragonbz wrote:

1. Gmail server cannot be sync ed.

2. How do u clear recent update in bbm?

3. How do u turn off recent update in bbm? coz sometimes u need to save some battery power by turning if off. I only have 300+ contacts but it does saves some power by turning it off.

4. BBM in older OS is much much easier to use.

2, 3, and 4, BBM and "updates" cannot be turned off. It's an integrated part of the BlackBerry10 OS, as it was in the past as well.

#1. Please feel free to create a separate thread on your gmail issues.

Knowledge Base Updates