Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
rpatel22
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Blackberry Z10 Issues

Hello,

Before I get into the issues with my device, is there really no area where we can just directly email technical support? I dislike having to register an account or needing to have twitter just to ask a few questions (even being able to post on a forum without needing an account would be okay).

Anyways, a relative recently got a Blackberry Z10, and there are a couple things we're trying to find out. 

1. When using the keyboard, is there any way to press backspace multiple times without it deleting everything? If I want to delete a few characeters/words, it can get really frustrating when the entire message is erased.

2. With the keyboards on other cellphones I've had, if uppercase is selected, all the letters are uppercase, and if lowercase is selected, all the letters are shown in lowercase. With the Blackberry Z10, all letters are in uppercase regardless of which case it is actually in. Is there a way it can do as I've described above so it's less confusing?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Blackberry Z10 Issues

Hi,

I think with some messages on this board, they recommended to call you mobile provider for support and if they can't solve your problem, then they forward it to Blackberry support.

For the keyboard, it take a couple of days to get hang of it, but once you do, it is truly a great keyboard.. I never thought I would like phone without physical keyboard.  Any Ways I will try my best to answer your questions.

1. To delete a single character, press the backspace and it will delete one character at a time. If you swipe left, it will delete one word at a time. If you want to delete a few characters/words, click on the area you want to delete a little bubble like circle apears then you can delete that part of the text or word.

2. For the upper case, if the arrow pointing up on the keyboard has a blue line under it, it means upper case is turned on. If you hold it for a second then it turns it off. The nice thing about the Z10 keybarod.. if you want a character to be upper case, hold it for two seconds and that character will be upper space.. Some screen captures bellow.

IMG_00000040.png

IMG_00000041.png

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Front line support for Blackberry products comes from your carrier. If they cannot help they will escalate you to Blackberry support.

Otherwise, you can call Blackberry directly, but they charge for support that way. So I recommend you call your carrier for any issues that the community here can't answer. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Enterprise SME
-BD-

[ Edited ]

rpatel22 wrote

1. When using the keyboard, is there any way to press backspace multiple times without it deleting everything? If I want to delete a few characeters/words, it can get really frustrating when the entire message is erased.

For this issue turn off magnify mode. It can be found under settings-accessibility. It is currently bugging out for keyboards in this manner.

For the keys on the keyboard always showing as uppercase that is currently the design. That does sound like a good idea to have them alternate between the two to better visualize.  But currently unless you tap (one capital character) or hold the uppercase key (multiple sequential uppercase characters) it will always be lowercase.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Or simply tap and hold the letter you want to capitalize without the need for the shift key at all. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rpatel22
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Thank you everyone for your help! Your comments were really helpful and we were able to stop the phone from deleting everything. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SportsterBob
My Device: Z-10

I was going to say that I think that the new BlackBerry Z-10 Sucks but I want be positive, so let me Say that I am positive that the new Z-10 Sucks. Here is why: 1. Weak radio, gsm and WiFi both have poor range. 2. Battery life poor, less than 10hrs standby time. 3. Predictive script has touretts. 4. Keypad mask misaligned, must strike bottom left of key or wrong letters appear. 5. Cannot save images from Web pages. 6. Caps appear for no reason, see post for examples. 6. Cannot copy text. 7. Facebook app will not allow for posting of images in any folder other than mobile uploads. 8. Full site Facebook reverts back to mobile app. 9. Phone freezes, battery removal only cure. 10. No notifications if upload fails, if you realize this you will still have to reenter entire text again, if you don't oh well gone forever. 11. Phone and apps cease to function if gsm drops. 12. Tiles cannot be rearranged for ease of use. 13. Unwanted apps cannot be removed.
The good news: AT&T is aware of defects and allowing return of Phone for refund and contact cancellation, no questions asked.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SportsterBob
My Device: Z-10

Just to add: I have owned my Bold for over 3 years and love it, I am returning to it until I decide which phone from another manufacturer I want. Sorry RIM , I loved and was loyal to you but...........

Please use plain text.
Visitor
sariah_kern
My Device: BlackBerry z10

I've had my BBZ10 for less then a week, and it turns itself off more and more now. I noticed things like if I put my phone down too hard (I have a case on it), or I grab my phone to answer a text, it will automatically turn itself off and restart. It's definitely annoying. I went into The Source where I bought it, and the gentleman said it was just system related and it's because of the updates, however I don't believe it now. What should I do? I want to be able to pick up my phone, or put it down without it restarting itself. Anyone else experiencing this, or have any idea?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kenarenson

Re: Blackberry Z10 Issues: when predictive text occupies the space bar with the wrong word, how do you reject it to use space bar

Predictive text uses the space bar area on the Z10 keyboard to suggest a full word, when it disagrees with the word you have typed. Often this is useful. Frequently, however, I intend the word I have typed, so how does one move the cursor to leave a space and type the next word? I can't figure it out. If I start typing the next word, the keyboard will go back to spacebar but the next word is added without a space beside the previous one. Is there anyway to override the suggested word so that the space bar is available?

Please use plain text.