Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10

Blackberry Z10 Meets Water...

DefaultMy 3 year old threw my Z10 in the lake
I thought that this story needed to be told. I am a long time BB user, but this is my first time posting to Blackberry Forums. On Friday my 3 year old randomly chose to throw my Z10 into the lake at my cottage. It was almost an hour before I was able to retrieve it from the bottom (10ft deep). The lake was cold (58F), so retrieving was not much fun. As soon as I got to the surface I pulled the back and the battery and within an hour had the phone in an enclosure filled with rice. Because I need my phone so badly I went out the next day and outright bought a new Z10 (good for BB). Just before we left the cottage for home on Sunday I pulled the Z10 and battery out of the rice and put it in. I can not tell you the shock and joy that I felt when first the "red light" appeared, and then the BB power up began. Since then I have been running the phone through its paces and have not found anything wrong. My god BB you make some awesome *&#@.
From Happiest guy ever......
Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Z10 Meets Water...

That is absolutely great!

Wonderful news!

I woujld HIGHLY advise you to even leave the wet Z10 in dry white rice (with the battery out) even a few more days... 4-5 days seems to be the optimal number.

Thanks for the post!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: PB

My wife was playing with our daughter and as she was taking photos of her playing in a pool she dropped it..... after 12 hours of rice time -  phone is a litte RICEY but it looks very clean on the outside... time to power it up.....

what can i say ... all that water... all that rice .. and i can BBM my wife no problem - even speakerphone didn't get damaged.... 

Knock on wood - i hope dropping it in the water doesn't become a pattern - but the first one was definitelly survived!

:Rockon:

Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good move, in the rice.

I'd leave it in there at least three full days.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code