Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
OriolPoch
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MOVISTAR

Blackberry Z10 Roaming data

Good morning

I have bought a blackberry Z10 1month ago, but my mobile supplier Movistar in Spain have informed me that we can't use Blackberry roaming tariff for this device.

Before, with my blackberry 9800 I was using roaming flat tariff when I was travelling, and we were paying roaming flat rate per month and were allowed to use all data worldwide.

They suggested us to contact with Blackberry and ask them if they'll allow this service for the new Z10, as in case they don't allow it there is not benefits for us to use Blackberry for our company phones

Waiting your reply

Rgds

Oriol Poch

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Z10 Roaming data

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

First off, posting here, in this user-to-user community, is not contacting BlackBerry for your question.

Secondly, prior devices used BIS, which for many markets had such service availability that you mention. BB10 does not use BIS, and as such does not have that. But, BlackBerry does not control the pricing nor service plan that your carrier provides to you...they control that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OriolPoch

Thanks for your prompt reply

Does it mean that BB10 is working with a different data system than the last one's correct?

In that case, what are the benefits comparing with other devices like iPhone or Android?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OriolPoch wrote:

Does it mean that BB10 is working with a different data system than the last one's correct?

Correct. BIS is not used by BB10.

OriolPoch wrote:

In that case, what are the benefits comparing with other devices like iPhone or Android?

From purely the perspective of the data plan, they are now equal -- they will all function using identical data plans. It is no longer required to subscribe to an extra cost BIS-level data plan for BB.

In some markets, BIS data plans were nearly double the cost of "generic" data plans...making BB's quite expensive to have in those markets. Now, with generic data plans being all that is required, BBs are more affordable to those particular markets.

I do realize that in other markets BIS was offered at no additional cost over generic data plans...but do understand that such pricing was controlled by the carriers, not by BlackBerry.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OriolPoch

Thanks for your prompt reply

In case that I want to continue using BIS, as I'm offently using data overseas, what is the fastest BB that I can purchase? I just need to receive and reply emails when I'm travelling out of my country

Waiting your reply

Thanks

Oriol Poch

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

"Fastest" is a difficult term to define for you...for it depends totally on your own usage patterns, installed apps, etc. etc. etc. You can review and compare all models here:

And find more information here:

From all of that, you should be able to find adequate data to make your choice.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OriolPoch

I need the one with the most higher RAM, just need to use it for emails and calls

Can you please recommend to us? I'm checking in the website but most of them are not showing anything about RAM Memory

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I have no source of information that is any better than what I already provided to you. I do not like to recommend any solution for anyone...the variety of human needs are just too wide ranging. Rather, I provide access to information from which an individual can make their own informed choices.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.