Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Re: Blackberry Z10 Software update 10.1.0.273

Thanks for all the reply....

Its very confusing now for me.... Will wait for few more days before updating... Blackberry might come up with some kind of solution for it...

And users of new update will also get time to give more feedback....

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Dear tzander,

Have you updated the New Version on your Z10??? It would be a great help if you can share your experience... Have gone through the link you send... Have already read it before posting for feedback here....

Will be upgrading this weekend, so have to be sure for not facing any problems.. Specially of battery drain.. As i travel a lot...
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780, Bold 9900, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Waiting a few more days is a good idea, especially if you are happy with it. I'm sure any bugs will get worked out soon enough.
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I have had the same experience as the first poster! I updated yesterday to the new software and the battery is draining twice as fast as before and also my data hasnt worked since the update.  the only way i can get emails, bbm etc is by being connected to Wifi.  Im not happy at all, please fix blackberry!!!!!!

Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

Do not install this update!

10:46 AM
I am having a similar problem. all was working perfectly fine prior to the 10.1.0.273 upgrade (lotus email on activesync with port 80 &ssl off, contact lookup, calendar etc.). OS version 10.0.?.85 was running previously.

Post the update, I stopped receiving work email; consequently I tried to increase the sync timeframe under advanced settings as that requires to re-sync account but got the error message, your account could not be authenticated with the service provider. Pls check your setting and try again.. After repeated tries, I rebooted the z10 (soft & hard) but no help!

Then I deleted the account which happened successfully but creating it is not possible and I am getting the following errors:
(with ssl off, port 80 as before) - your device is connected to a network but the Internet service is not available. Check your network settings... I am successfully connected to wifi fully and GPRS.
(With ssl on, port 443 which we do not use) - the server is not responding. The server name in your account settings may be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offline. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again... Works fine on my iPad so server is responding!

I am very disappointed for this upgrade, can you pls help! I Will have to ditch blackberry as work email is most crucial. Can I speak over phone with someone in India? I am traveling tomorrow morn and need this badly pls! Is the only solution to downgrade and if yes, how?

Thanks in advance,
VA

PS. Also lost all my text messages and partly my contacts info but I can live that. Not without work email and calendar sync (what a messy update - what went wrong?) Pls note that I have validated my email successfully as well using the tool suggested in the post " unable to access work email... and hence the problem is with the update!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hello,
Try to go software update and check for new software. That solved my problem. Looks like the update was not complete the first time.
Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

Tried that and that's not it... ir says "you have the latest software".
My Carrier: Telstra

I updated today, cannot read or send text messages, but it did fix my issue of not being able to send emails. It also says i still have the update to install. I have installed it 6 times so far.

Seems one fix causes another problem

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hey Facing same problems

• Random restarts 4-5 times a day
  • Phone Heats up like iron 
  • Phone suddenly hangs up while typing and then restarts 

Any solution for all above problems ?

My phone is runnig on 

Model Z10 
Model Number: STL100-3 
Software Release: 10.1.0.273 

Tell me solution if any.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

If you haven't already, I'd suggest a re-install of the OS via Link.

I've been running .273 since the day it was released and I find it's working great.

(I don't use foursquare - so I can't comment on that app).

BES 5.0.4
BES 10.2
Exchange 2010
SQL2008R2