Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
sickyute
My Device: Z10 Model: STL100-1
My Carrier: LIME

Re: Blackberry Z10 USB Mass Storage issues

Hi,

I was having the same issues. My Storage and Access was set up to automatically detect via USB. I changed it to "connect to windows" and it worked. I can not backup, move files etc via my lap.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amirh1348
My Device: z10
My Carrier: fido

I'm having  the same problem with my Mac as well as my PC I've tried everything I can to resolve the issue even formatted my Mac and PC but no luck, I don't know what else should I do if you have found any solution please let me know I will do the same if I find any.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mindmaster315
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: A1

Hi,

check the following:

• you have an sd-card inserted
  • Tap the Settings icon
  • Tap Storage and Access
  • Scroll down to the bottom (really to bottom :smileyhappy: ) and toggle USB Storage Mode on

this worked for me

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amirh1348
My Carrier: fido

HI,

Thanks for your respond, I have a SD card and I tried it already it did not work only shows up the SD card on my Mac.

I've tried everything I could and finally I've found the solution,when I Disable  Wi-Fi on the BB Z10, my device detects as a removable storage and I could sync properly 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
varliali
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Vodafone

I had the same issue. On my MacBook I could not see it as a mass storage when connected via USB although I had Link installed.

Then I switched to my Windows laptop and installed Link. Both internal and SD drives appeared in Explorer as network drives. So I discovered that on Mac I had to go to the folders of drives. Simply press shift+command+C to switch to that view and the drives will be listed. Bear in mind that you may need to install Link first. And to see your SD drive as mass storage instead of a network drive from Settings->Storage and Access go to the bottom and switch on the toggle.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
keith76
My Carrier: bell

Im having a similar problem but a little different.  I have turned on the mass storage and connected my phone with the usb cabel to my truck.  It worked once.  Next time no luck.  I thought great my 2013 truck already giving me grief.  But I plugged in my old torch and it worked right away.  Tried the z10 and my wifes q10 and nothing.  Any suggestions

Please use plain text.
erichmit
My Carrier: att

just had the same issue as everyone else...was able to after exhausted phone calls to RIM tech support....if you have a virum back ground runner..that and the firewall will cause the hold up...just need to turn off virus protection and firewall while syncing any media...then when disconnected can turn the back ground runners back on...hopefully in near future RIM will see this as a known issue and change the code to correct this so the virus protection don't see the usb connection as a threat and prevent it from mounting

Please use plain text.
Contributor
razeredge777
My Device: Z10 - STL 100-2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have a problem right here, blackberry link doesnkt work, cannot connect to computer, no matter which usb ports, and the long bar beneath "Device Storage Details", there's no blue color on the bar, any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Developer
AlexeyPanov
My Carrier: DTAC

i have same problem, first can't install BB Link bcoz dmg file is corrupted or old for Mac, dont know. and also i don't see a toggle with Mass Storage - On/Off 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
razeredge777
My Device: Z10 - STL 100-2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Alexey, what OS are you using?
Are you using z10? There should be a mass storagte mode switch on the bottom of storage and access setting.
Please use plain text.