Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
bruceperry
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Z10 Upgrade

I updated my Blackberry Z10 last night to the new 10.2 OS. I downloaded and installed this update over night.  When I looked at my phone this morning, the message stated I need to re-boot my phone for the update to take effect.  I rebotted the phone.  First, the word "Blackberry" appeared on my phone and remained there for several minutes.  I thought I'd try to re-boot again.  Same thing happened so this time I removed the battery and rebooted a 3rd time.  After several minutes of the word "Blackberry" appearing on the screen, the re-boot logo appeared and once it processed to 100%, the reboot logo just remained on the screen.  I removed the battery a second time and rebooted to100% and the re-boot logo has now been there for at least 1 and 1/2 hours.  How do I get my phone to work??

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 Upgrade

Try resetting the phone:     when powered on hold down the power button for 10 seconds.

BlackBerry does not recommend removing the battery any more to solve issues unless all else fails. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bruceperry

I've done that already and I'm worried if I do it again, I'll be back to square one with the log in logo at 100%.  I've already waitied about 2 hours.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WayneKosik
My Device: z10 smartphone RFF91LW
My Carrier: Telus

Same thing happened to me and doing a factory reset did not help either.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bruceperry

Have you tried anything else? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WayneKosik
My Device: z10 smartphone RFF91LW
My Carrier: Telus

Called Telus and Blackberry,

Blackberry told me to call my provider. My provider Telus instructed me to do the factory reset. After that did not work I was told by them all I can do is bring the phone in and they will send it away to Blackberry to fix. That it will take 3 to 4 weeks... get it in quick to ensure waranty is still valid...

Please use plain text.