Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Rigs2
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Z10 Won't Turn On

I have been a loyal Blackberry user for years and I love the new Z10 except for two things.  First, a minor issue... I like how I could choose on my Torch to delete emails off the server or not and I don't have that same option on the Z10.  I can live with that.

Here's my real issue and I am hoping that someone can help me because my company is pushing me to switch to an iPhone 5 and I don't want to.

I got the new Z10 at AT&T the first week it came out and I have had 3 fail on me.  They all have had the same issue.  Blackberry tech support was great (they even offered me free apps for the inconvenience), but they couldn't figure out the issue nor could AT&T and they are now sending me my 4th New Z10 in about 90 days.

The failure is the phones power down by themselves and won't turn back on.  I don't use a lot of apps, there wasn't a scratch on any of them, no water damage, nothing, and no one can figure it out.

The first phone powered down a couple of times over the course of a day or two and I had to turn it back on and then one time it never came back on.  The second one powered down once by itself, I restarted it.  30 minutes later it shut off and never came back on.  The third one powered down today when I tried to check voicemail and never came back on.

I want to keep my Z10 as I really do LOVE the phone.  I would just LOVE it more if it would stay on!

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, etc.?  My company's preferred phone is the iPhone and I may have to break down and switch.  But 4 phones and the inconvenience of missed calls, texts, emails, etc. is more than I can take.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Z10 Won't Turn On

I've heard of them rebooting on their own but not powering down and just dying. To have three do that is no coincidence. Something else is up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rigs2

I agree, but what?  We tried new batteries, no battery, different cords, pluging it into a computer (both pc & mac), we tried just about everything we could think of.  Nothing works, they just die.  The third one I even made sure to charge it in the same places that I charged my torch for the last 2+ years (using the new cord and adapter of course).  The thrid one lasted 21 days.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Magnetic personality? I'm at a loss, honestly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NCtrans
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

May I ask if you're using the charger that came with each device?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rigs2

I am using the charger that came with each device.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NCtrans

Since you're using it for work, can't help but wonder if something on the work portion of the phone is causing shut down. Does anyone else use z10 at your company? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rigs2

We use GMail for work.  So, I doubt that would cause a problem.  It's a small company.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NCtrans

Sorry. Thought your phone had separate work and personal area. Aggravating to have no real explanation!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rigs2

No problem and agreed!  It just doesn't make sense.  I have never had a problem with any Blackberry, but this Z10 issue has me stumped.

Please use plain text.