Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
andalex
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Z10 and 5 GHz Wifi network

I just upgraded to a Netgear R6300 802.11ac Wireless Router. The 802.11ac protocol is backward compatible with the 802.11b/g/n protocols.

It is a dual band router and the 2.4 GHz signal is working perfectly with the Z10. However, the Z10 does not detect any 5 GHz signal.  My previous router (that I just removed) worked fine with the Z10 on 5 GHz.

All my other wireless devices recognize and work well with the new router on 5 GHz. I played with the 5 GHz signal settings in the router's control panel, altered the channel/modes - no result.

I am using OS 10.1.0.2342 on the Z10.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andalex

Re: Blackberry Z10 and 5 GHz Wifi network

And of course my wife's iPhone 5 immediately recognized the new 5 GHz network and works with it....:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if using the same SSID, did you remove the wifi profile from the Q10 and add it back in?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andalex

Yes, I did.  It is the Z10.

And only the 2.4 GHz network is recognized.

If the 5 GHz network it didn't work on the iPhone 5 and on my laptop, I would not be as upset. But it is truly there and backward compatible.

I may try to install a new radio component in the OS leaked v2355.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Look at my tips on wifi

Speed-up-BlackBerry-Wi-Fi-connections-a-knottyrope-tip

It wasbased on older ABGN specs but it might give some insight.

I had issue with my Bold years ago on 5 GHZ and got it to work after some playing around with various settings

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andalex

[ Edited ]

Thank you for trying to help.

Unfortunately, the solutions offered on the link did not resolve the problem.

But I flashed the RAM with the new leaked radio file from crackberry (2355 Radio File STL100-2/3/4) and it only replaced the actual radio component of the OS. AND IT DID THE JOB!

So what I did was replaced the radio with the new version in OS 10.1.0.2342. Works fine now.

Please use plain text.