Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
davidbromley
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Z10 does not sync with Outlook

I have tried all morning to sync with outlook and I have just been informed by my carrier ( Rogers) that the Z10 will not sync.

Bye Bye Blackberry

Please use plain text.
Contributor
XBetadogX
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Z10 does not sync with Outlook

look around many of us feel your pain but if you have a few day return policy i would suggest making due to see if BB fixs the problem because the phone is incredible and the apps are rolling in like crazy. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
davidbromley

Just visited the Rogers store and the Blackberry rep was there. He informed me there is an app called "companion link". I will give it a try but this is a marketing disaster. All I see is lots of embarassment.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Before you waste your time, Companion Link is not available for download yet.

From www.companionlink.com

Availability: Direct CompanionLink Sync will be available when our DejaOffice app is approved in the BlackBerry World app store. This approval is pending. Please bookmark this page as we will change this notice as soon as our app gets approved. Until then, CompanionLink can be used to synchronize to any Google account, which will connect to BlackBerry 10 devices.

Direct Sync with Blackberry Hub: Support for BlackBerry Hub Contacts and Hub Calendar can currently be done by synchronizing through a Google account. We are developing a direct link that will not require Google, and plan to release it by May 2013. Support for BB10 Native Contacts and Calendar is expected to be released by May 2013 and will be a free upgrade when it is available.

------------------

A huge miss by BlackBerry.  They forgot that many customers still sync with Outlook.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
davidbromley

I did eventually sync my outlook via Companion Link through a Google account  but it was a long process. I am on a 14 day free trial. As you say they ( Companion Link)  are suppose to have an application that will allow you to do a direct sync wirelessly or through a USB. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Can you not just set up an account with Outlook.com and sync both with that account?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
davidbromley

Not sure what you are saying. I have an outlook account already. The problem is that when you connect via USB as you would have with any other previous Blackberry or any Iphone or Samsung, the outlook account will not sync. As a result ,you cannot have your outlook contacts or calendar items on the B10. Email and notes are fine but there is no sync to calendar and contacts in the Outlook account. The only way to do it according to Rogers and Blackberry was to use Companion Link which is a $49 app. They have not been completely approved  yet and as a result they have a temporary solution through a google account.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

I mean, visit Outlook.com and create a new account and use that to wirelessly sync your contacts between Outlook and BlackBerry 10.

BlackBerry want users to use OTA contact syncing now, and I can completely understand why they would want to, but obviously it is not for everyone.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of email account do you have set up in Outlook?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

This may explain things better:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/how-to-import-contacts-to-a-webmail-service/

Please use plain text.
Contributor
davidbromley

My email account is shaw.ca. So if I set up an outlook account will it affect my existing shaw.ca outlook account

Please use plain text.