Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
istiben25
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: GLOBE
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Z10 microphone problem :(

Good Day, i had this first three days of my blackberry z10. Then suddenly my mic wasnt working, i had the OS 10.2.1.2102. Guys i need your help please on how to trouble shoot this problem. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry Z10 microphone problem :(

Welcome to the forums.

I would recommend downloading the BlackBerry Virtual Expert app from BlackBerry World and running through the tests to check if there is an actual problem with your phone.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
istiben25

Ive tried that BBVE app from BB World. In the test, the mic isnt recording any voice from me. Do you think it was a hardware or software problem? Because im just using this phone for the 3rd day, it was brandnew and theres no falls or dents. So i dont think it was a hardware problem. Maybe the OS was the culprit.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

Okay well there is always a possibility of hardware failure and if it is going to happen it usually happens at the start or after some event.

Have you tried anything to fix it yet?

Things to try (in this order);

1) Try a hard reboot (10 seconds holding down the power button or approx. 20 seconds on up/down volume keys)
2) Wipe the phone
3) Reload the OS and wipe and hard reboot
4) Return under warranty

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
istiben25

Yes, i tried hard reboot, i also tried to wipe the phone, and reload the OS. How can i return the OS to 10.1? Maybe thats a solution tho.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

There are autoloaders if you want to try that route, it's against the rules here to give you a link but take a look on CrackBerry for them or alternatively search for an app called Sachesi which can find and load previous versions for you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
istiben25

You think i can resolve this issue that way? Thank you for that autoloader thingy but what do you mean against the rules? Cause i tried the bbve right but when i record my voice, the only i can hear is just like static sound on its play back
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

It's against the forum rules to link to possible pages that advocate loading of non-released OSs and actions that result in a possible loss of warranty, while the ones I am talking about are legally available if I post the link it will probably get removed anyway. It should be easy enough for you to search and find them yourself.

As for resolving the issue, I think it's worth a try and I would probably do it if I was in your situation, but in all likelihood there may be a HW fault so I wouldn't like to say either way.

If you've only had it three days then depending which country you are in means you may be able to return it any way, you can here in the UK within 7 days (under certain conditions), but whatever rights you have the warranty should still be there and if this is an easy option for you you might as well try to return it to whoever sold it to you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
istiben25

Maybe i should, ask for a replacement unit on the store where i bought this phone. Thanks by the way :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

No problem, all the best.

Please use plain text.