Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
aman9966
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Blackberry Z10 resending an already sent email continuously , eating up all my data plan

On sat night I sent and email from my z10 via yahoo with some images in it. Total size was 11.7mb.

Next day in the morning my ph battery was dead. I recharged it and found out that I have used up my entire 3g data plan, and I was charged extra after that. Same problem continued yesterday , that was sunday and today also. My ph was getting hot and was using data.

Now I logged in to my mail on PC and found that Z10 has uploaded that sent email to yahoo a 275 times. using about 3.6 gb of data. it was sent after every 10-15 mins for last 2 days.

But it was received by the sender only once.

It used all of my data pack , drastically reduced my battery back as it was constantly uploading data.

Now I have deleted my yahoo account on BB Z10.  Now it is not using my data without any reason. Its showing 3g in the status bar, but for last 2 days it was always showing H+. screen shot of sent folder of my email on my pc

what is the solution to this ?

Regular Contributor
Ride_The_Sky
My Device: 9900

Re: Blackberry Z10 resending an already sent email continuously , eating up all my data plan

Sounds like a communication/handshake issue between device and server, server not responding that the e-mail has been received & forwarded / sent, therefore pushing Z10 to continuously sending it over and over.

You may want to try removing the account and set it up again. When setting it up, did you choose "Yahoo" from the list (in advanced) or did you just pick up E-Mail?
ebenmarais
My Device: BB Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 resending an already sent email continuously , eating up all my data plan

I have the exact same problem from my Yahoo email address as of yesterday morning. The same email has been sent over and over again. Using up almost all of my data plan.

This is now the second time this has happened to me with my Yahoo mail.

There is definately something wrong.

New Contributor
aman9966
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I choose email from the list while srtting up yahoo mail. I didnt selected yahoo from advanced settings. Will now set it up using yahoo mail in advanced settings.
New Developer
jamaca22
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha / Playbook/ Z10

This also seems to have happened with my hushmail account..also after sending some photos. Just wondering if this is actually a server issue?

I'll delete my account and recreate.