Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
torontoml25
My Device: Z10

Blackberry Z10

Just got mine, but I cannot beleive RIM would launch this without the ability to use VOIP with Rogers add in service! We live in a bad reception area and depend on this to use our cell phones in our house! Can anyone help! Is this going to be something they add in later?? Not impressed with RIM!!!
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Re: Blackberry Z10

Are you talking about a specific applications from Rogers that allows VOIP calls?

New Contributor
torontoml25

Not that I am aware of, when I called Rogers they said that the Z10 does not have the software to support redirecting your wireless service to WiFI. I just set my Mobile Network Options to WIFI preferred on my Blackberry Torch and it connects perfectly with no dropped calls! I can't beleive RIM would not think of this!! I have used a Blackberry my entire life & now I will probably have to go with something else for such a small detail for them to overlook. The phone seems to be pretty cool other than the fact it doesn't support a Blackberry email anymore (which is also a bit frustrating) and not having the software ability to connect to my WIFI for everyday calls is rediculous!!! I have 2 freinds that also use this & they were very upset as well after I told them as they were also avid Blackberry users!

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Sounds like a Rogers app/feature to Me. Not a BlackBerry thing per se.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
torontoml25

No, this is Blackberry .... I know this for sure! It is not a Rogers add in...Blackberry 10 does not support this option! Go figure!!!

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Someone from Blackberry should comment on this.. I'm interested to know if this is network functionality, or phone functionality. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

In which case this is a feature known as UMA.

Hqving a quick Google, this feature is meant to be coming however there were issues in carrier testing 

New Contributor
torontoml25

Correct.....UMA, can't beleive this wasn't sorted out before it was released!