Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: Wind

Blackberry support #?

Is there any way to contact Rim about tech problems with phones?

I have a 3 week old Z10 that just loves to reboot itself 5 - 15 times a day.  My carrier only replaces with refurbs but dosent have any and has no idea when they will.  

I find that kind of warranty unacceptable and am ready to ditch the thing.  And I wont pay anothe 600 bucks for another with the support I find BB has.  No phone number for support on the Canadian website?  Come on.

Enterprise SME
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry support #?

[ Edited ]

gordwalsh wrote:

Is there any way to contact Rim about tech problems with phones?

I have a 3 week old Z10 that just loves to reboot itself 5 - 15 times a day.  My carrier only replaces with refurbs but dosent have any and has no idea when they will.  

I find that kind of warranty unacceptable and am ready to ditch the thing.  And I wont pay anothe 600 bucks for another with the support I find BB has.  No phone number for support on the Canadian website?  Come on.

You need to go through your carrier for warranty issues.

Also in your profile you currently have your carrier set to be your mobile phone # so it is being displayed to everyone.

Thanks for the warning I have changed the carrier.

So there is no support from BB? The carrier is useless.

Oh well the next 600 bucks will buy an Iphone. At least they stand behind their products.
Enterprise SME

If it's rebooting constantly that's not normal.  Have you tried reloading the OS on it?  It may be as simple a fix as a reload.

However if it is a hardware issue I would be pushing Wind to replace it ASAP.  Some undetermined point in the future really wouldn't be an acceptable answer to me and I'd ask to be escalated to someone who can help me.

Yeah I reloaded the OS on Sunday and left it with no added apps and only 1 email account set up for 3 days and it kept happening.

After spending 3 hours on the phone and 2 trips to their warranty center they still can't find out when they would have a replacement. I am about to just wash my hands with it and get something that will work with a different carrier.
Forums Advisor III

Blackberry's support model is as follows:

Call your carrier (Wind) and ask for their Blackberry trained support team. If they cannot resolve your issue they are supposed to escalate you to Blackberry for further support. Always ask for the people's names and an incident number, if you get someone that doesn't know the procedure then simply ask for their manager or call back and try for someone else. Smiley Happy

The only other option is paid support direcy with Blackberry at $50/issue. So the carrier model is the best way to go.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: various

What rubbish! I travel, use many different service providers and do not buy phones from them. Blackberry's lack of direct support is outrageous. the support page requires customers to use Twitter?!
New Contributor

So there is no direct answers from Blackberry? One has to go through tons of useless posts to be able to find the same problem on an off chance?
New Contributor

There isn't even e-mail available. Get an iPhone instead.
Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

If you haven't updated to 10.1 or greater, you will experience several problems including the one you are having. The update should fix that for you.

PS: After you go through your carrier's support (which is easy to do since they know practically nothing) and are passed to Blackberry's Support, you will be given a reference number and can also ask for a direct number to get back to BlackBerry and if you do call back, they will talk with you for no charge. I was recently on with them for over 2 hours.