Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
doughnut
My Device: blackberry z10
Accepted Solution

Blackberry update 10.2.1.2977

My wife just downloaded update 10.2.1.2977 After the download was complete I noticed our internet connection was VERY slow so I decided to enter the router and see if there was a problem. The router would not let me in with the URL dispite trying it several times. I contacted Plusnet who recognised I had a problem and suggested rebooting the router which did not work. They then suggested a factory reset by putting a pin in the reset hole in the back and connecting a cable between a laptop and the router to re-enter my id and password. This procedure got me up and going again. 1 Do you know why this happened? 2 Why do we need all these Blackberry updates? Regards Doughnut
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry update 10.2.1.2977

Hello,

doughnut wrote:
1 Do you know why this happened?

It could be purely coincidental...something may have gone wrong with your router at the same time as you did the update to the BB. Or, it could have been caused by the BB...there are bugs in some of the older BB10 OS levels that have been causing strange problems for folks on their WiFi connections. Indeed, the OS version you installed to your BB is one to be known to still have this bug...you should update again, to 10.2.1.3247, via Sachesi:

In obtaining .2977, you likely use one of the automated methods, which restricts you only to the OS levels currently approved by your carrier...some carriers are slower than others to approve and release updates. Sachesi will allow you to install the critical .3247 version, regardless of if your carrier has approved it or not.

doughnut wrote:
2 Why do we need all these Blackberry updates?

To release new features, fix bugs, and other things. The OS is written by humans, who are notoriously imperfect...updates are needed to fix those human-caused mistakes (like the one that remains in .2977).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
doughnut

Thank you for your help, it would be nice to have your level of knowledge on Blackberry
Regards
doughnut
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are welcome. Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
bilalahmedghori

I have updated the latest version of bb10 but I am not able to run more than 8 apps in the background. What should I do ?
New Contributor
quinpearl
My Device: Blackberry Q5

[ Edited ]

Could you kindly send the link to access the software stated above for my blackberry q5 to avoid it from collapsing

Hope to hearing from you soon

**Removed**

Regards,

Edit: Email removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

quinpearl wrote:

Could you kindly send the link to access the software stated above for my blackberry q5 to avoid it from collapsing

Hope to hearing from you soon

Regards,

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Not sure who you are asking, nor for exactly what. But, the link to the Sachesi method of updating is already posted above. Beyond that, there are the LINK and AutoLoader methods:

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates