Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
karthikm
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: univercell

Blackberry z 10 device switch off automatically once it battery reaches to 20%

Hi team ,

happy week end .

I am using the blackberry z10 running on 10.2.1.537 updates The issue is once the battery reaches to 20% automatically device get Turns off ,later i should charge the battery then it get switch ON.

please  help me in finding the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

karthik.M

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
karthikm

Re: Blackberry z 10 device switch off automatically once it battery reaches to 20%

please check the link for more info...Even my device also running on same os http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Blackberry-Z10-Devices-reboot-automatically/td...
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,848
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry z 10 device switch off automatically once it battery reaches to 20%

Is your device not only turning off at 20% but also rebooting on its own as the user in your linked thread describes?

What model variant of Z10 is this? Settings > About screen > Model

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
karthikm

The device got turning off only , not rebooting itself.

Model no :- STL100-1

Please use plain text.
JSanders

karthikm wrote:

The device got turning off only , not rebooting itself.

Model no :- STL100-1

Yep, I've seen that mentioned for users of the STL100-1 in various forms, when the device reaches a certain percentage of charge left, the device thinks it is out of power.

In some cases, users have been helped to do this:

Leave the device charging with the wall outlet charger and with the charger still connected, remove the battery for a minute, reinsert and reboot. See if you get any difference now. You may need to do that again.

The device contains software which estimates battery life remaining, based on a calculation of historical charging and draining along with the current power consumption and other factors. That on-device software sometime is off-sync with the actual battery charge.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ArchAngel666
My Device: Z10(STL100-1) Z30(STA100-2)
My Carrier: Telkomsel

I used to have the same problem,then it dissappeared by itself.maybe you should try anothet battery

sent from my IMBA BlackBerry Smartphone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjangra
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

The same problem was with my Z10. It was getting switched off at 20% battery. I charged my phone battery upto 100% and then removed battery keeping wall charger connected and inserted again after 1-2 mintues. The phone restarted and it started charging from 97%. It took another 20 minutes to charge 100% again. After getting 100% again I did the same and this time it started charging from 98%. The same thing I repeated 4 times and believe me when my Z10 was at 20% battery today, it did not turned off. I kept watching on this. Everyting was fine. I started charging at 9% again.

But blackberry should address this issue. Atleast some KB should be released.

S. Jangra
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Glad to hear that helped you, sjangra.
Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.