Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
rucheat
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Blackberry z10 hangs and restarts a lot

Model Z10
Model Number: STL100-3
Software Release: 10.1.0.273 

I have also tried 10.1.0.1880 all problems remain same.

I am new user to the blackberry family.
I was very exited to use Blackberry Z10 but there are many small bugs in the phone. 
I thought that they will get fixed after update but last night i updated phone with 10.1.0.273 but majority of bugs remain same with my case.

List of bugs.
  1. Phone automatically restarts - High Issue
  2. while i am typing message it hangs up suddenly and restarts automatically.
  3. Phone heats up with out any operations and restarts.
  4. Phone is having very less battery running time. ( this can be resolved by my self by changing the battery with high power battery. )

Please acknowledge me once you check this message.

Share me link if there is any portal / community is there which keeps update about the Z10 updates which are on going so that i can update my OS accordingly.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry z10 hangs and restarts a lot

The rebooting issue is a known issue. 10.1.0.2342 was rumored to have fixed it but I haven't heard for sure what the consensus is.

When the phone heats up and battery takes a hit it usually means something is running in the background. Download an app called "Advanced App Manager" and run that and see if there any applications running that you can kill.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
indiantk
My Device: Z10

it hasnt :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

indiantk,

are you using a leaked OS version 10.1.0.2342 (the one mentioned by John_Clark) or are you using 10.1.0.273?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
indiantk
My Device: Z10

I'm using 10.1.0.273. Heading to the service centre, will update all with their replies.

Please use plain text.