Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Sparkygme
My Device: z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Blackberry z10 won't connect to PC

I'm glad it's not just me that's having these issues. I just found it as a drive and added things that way. But wanna back up but can't
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BlueRocks
My Device: Playbook 2.0, Z10, Torch 9810, Curve 9360
My Carrier: Rogers

I could not get either method to connect the Z10 in the pc BB Link program until I did this...

Disable Symantec Endpoint Protection

In the task bar at the bottom right of the Windows 7 screen is the little 'up' triangle containing additional task bar icons.  That is where mine was.  It is a yellow shield.  I right clicked on it and disabled it.  It gave me some sort of warning message that I was going to hell (slight exageration) for turning off Windows Defender (are they both the same?) and Symantec.  I clicked ok anyways and within seconds BB Link recognized my Z10 wirelessly.  I then plugged it in with a usb cable and that was recognized too.

I don't know if the circumstances are the exact same for you (or others) but give it a try.  It might work for you too.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
cyprus_fire
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Super frustrated last night with the same issue until.............

I disabled the Kaspersky Internet Security program and BOOM!! Wireless sync was up and running within 20 seconds!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBforlife
My Device: BlackBerry torch and PlayBook

Hey all. So I I've been having the same issues when trying to Sync from my computer to my z10. It just keeps says "Preparing to Sync ". And then never does. What's up with that?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBforlife
My Device: BlackBerry torch and PlayBook

Oh, and I'm using windows 8. Don't know if that makes a difference.
Please use plain text.
daveinmarkham
My Carrier: Bell

I am having the exact same problem, BB Link shows the contents of both PC and phone, but when I try to copy phone content to PC I get the same message preparing to sync, and eventually connection problem error message.  Anyone else notice that nobody from Blackberry ever comes on here to help?  Maybe they are just as confused and hopeless.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jzaz17
My Device: Q10

Re: Blackberry Q10 won't connect to PC

I'm having the same issue.  I backed up my phone on my wife's computer (XP) but my system won't allow Link to recognize my phone.  I can sync wirelessly, but it won't back-up.

I just spent 2.5 hours on the phone with a BB rep, and his take at the end is that my system won't recognize a pen-drive, mass storage drive, or my phone.

I also have Win 7 64 (thinking it should be 7 666).

When someone figures out what setting to tweak - PLEASE! - I will be amazed, relieved, and forever grateful...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jzaz17
My Device: Q10

Re: Blackberry Q10 won't connect to PC

I have since proven that pen drives work in my USB ports - so have ruled the 'drives not accepting inputs' out.

Jz

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bsansom
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have same problem. Does anyone know solution?

Please use plain text.
truman
My Carrier: T-mobile

It looks like a microsoft driver issue rather than a blackberry issue.

Those who are plugging the device into a USB 3.0 (blue) port, disable the USB 3.0 feature in your BIOS.

Or simply plug it into any USB 2.0 port.

Please use plain text.