Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
sg2177
My Device: Z10

Blackbery Z10

Hi my most awaited Z10 is in my hands, and like most of us the battery is the most terrible thing, not even a day in stand by, I have it sync with Mac OS X, ical etc works not good but can live with it, that it only shows one appointment on the lock screen is not a bonus, I have ca 5 appointmets per day...would like to see them all, but lets face it on the iphone you cannot see one appointment....lol

I have the Blackberry System 10.0.10.90 installed.

if anyone has any ideal what I can do to solve the battery please email to neil@bluewin.ch

Should no answers come will send the Z10 back, demand my cash, and wait for the new iphone 5s, its a pity but life must move on....

cheers

have a nice day

Neil

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackbery Z10

[ Edited ]

Neill, on your z10, do you have BlackBerry Travel installed? If so, in the Travel settings turn off the Automatic Trip Scanning.

Not knowing your usage habits on the z10, I can't really comment on other matters, just I know that many are getting much better battery life than you're indicating. You might log thi s battery issue with BlackBerry technical support (via your mobile network provider tech support) and perhaps have the battery replaced,.

You won't be getting anything much better in battery life on an iPhone. Trust me.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sg2177

Thks, I have rang the shop, they tell me that I am not the only one here in Switzerland, I should send the BBZ10 in, and they will replace it. with a new one.... will do on tuesday next week. pity all that work, and no i do not have the blackberry travel installed. will let you know how I get on, and by the way thks for your helpful tipp dealing with ical, icontacts in the mac world...
Please use plain text.
JSanders

If you can get the issue escalated UP to BlackBerry support, you may be able to get only the battery replaced.

I have also seen several friends of mine state that doing a Security Wipe on the device will fix your battery life issue.

I would try the latter before returning the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
obertaud

I justed wanted to confirm that I'm using mine quite intensively with 7 email accounts (1 exchange, other IMAPS). We don't have BB Travel here in France. Battery was weak before the OS Update but since I have 10.0.10.90, it is decent and well enough for a long day of work...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sg2177

How do I do a "Security Wipe on the device" will fix your battery life issue. Please explain... will try anything once...lol
Please use plain text.
JSanders

How to perform a security wipe on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone  

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.