Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
jrmgilbert
My Device: Zed10

Bluetooth Audio being muted automatically after OS Update

Since the OS update the other week I've been having an issue with Bluetooth audio where it will connect, show that it's playing, but make no sound, through any of my various Bluetooth devices.  Since on the Zed10 we can't change audio on the Z10 when connected to Bluetooth, we get that locked symbol, you can't see that the volume on the device is turned off which is why it isn't broadcasting to the Bluetooth reciever.

The device is automatically lowering the volume to 0 as soon as I make a Bluetooth connection (not every time, but enough to be frustrating), and since the volume adjustment gets locked, I can't fix it with the Bluetooth device connected. What I've done, it disconnect the bluetooth, then make sure I turn the device speaker volume up, then I reconnect the bluetooth and everything seems fine. I discovered that on the way to work this morning after almost having a stroke with my BT audio over the past few days.  This wasn't a problem with the initial Feb 5th release of the OS (here in Canada), hopefully it can be fixed for the next release

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bluetooth Audio being muted automatically after OS Update

If you haven't already done so, I'd also suggest restarting your Z10. To do this, simply press the power button for a couple of seconds and then select Restart on the next screen.

That may help and is a good starting point at least.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
jrmgilbert

Thanks Krypto. That, followed by a batt pop were my first two accepts no success yet. It is an intermittent issue tho.
Elite I
Krypto

Let me see if I can replicate this on my device at all. So far its been working well for me (almost too well as my volume always seems to lock in too loud for my liking), but you never know.

Outside of that, one other thing to try is to simply remove all of your Bluetooth devices from your phone and re-pair them. If that still doesn't work, it would suggest a possible glitch happened during the update process. Two options here are to wait for the next OS update, or backup the device data and then reload the software on the device.

If you would like to try the latter option, let me know and I'll post a link to some instructions on how to do this.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
jrmgilbert

Actually Krypto I came home to a package of a replacement e. My headphone port doesn't work properly and is being RMA'd. I'll follow up if I experience it on the temporary Z10 I will be firing up shortly. Completely blanked on that. Of course it's been fine since first thing this morning as is, and I connect to BT audio devices constantly throughout the day.
Contributor
jrmgilbert

Never mind. My promised Z10 loaner is a Curve 9300. :smileysad:
Elite I
Krypto

Ugh, lovely. How fast is TBayTel at getting the replacements back out?

Contributor
jrmgilbert

I need to update my profile, I recently left TBayTel for Virgin. Paper work says 10 business days, let's hope not. Need to go a trip to their store for a new Sim for this old thing as well. Lovely mess not looking forward to non-LTE and Os7. That's what I get for not going back to the store within my 30 days.