Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2

Bluetooth Connection to Playbook Bridge Keeps Dropping Out

I have paired my Z10 with my Playbook, and I can start the connection by activating Bridge on the Playbook.  However, after a few minutes the Bluetooth connection stops working and I need to go back into Playbook and reactivate it.  I previously used my Playbook paired with my old Storm 2 and it just worked, period.  I never experienced dropouts, and I never had to restart Bridge when the phone and tablet became disconnected -- they just always automatically reconnected and worked.   I have not seen this particular problem discussed before.  Is it a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?  Thanks!

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Bluetooth Connection to Playbook Bridge Keeps Dropping Out

Hey dgmock,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry Bridge are you currently using?  Also what version of PlayBook OS are you running?  Go to Options>Software Updates to find this information.

Also have you tested connecting the BlackBerry Z10 with another Bluetooth device to see if the connection disconnects?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. My BB Playbook is running OS 2.1.0.1526.  On my Z10, I have OS 10.0.9.422 (Verizon Wireless),  with Bridge at version 3.0.9.8.

I use the Z10 with a Motorola hands free unit in my car, and have not had any real problems that I'm aware of. Except maybe only once or twice (during two or three weeks of regular use) I've noticed that the hands free unit seems to reconnect for no apparent reason while I'm driving.  Never thought about this as a problem, though. 

BTW, I really like my new Z10!

Dan.

My Device: Bold 9930

I had the same problem between my Playbook and Bold 9930.  Software on both devices was current.  One of the gentleman in my carpool drives a Nissan Pathfinder.  It's only in this vehicle that I experienced constant disconnects between the two devices.  Not sure the science behind the interference, but the Bridge connection works perfectly when I'm not in that vehicle.

New Contributor

Good observation!  I generally experienced this problem when I was in my Buick Enclave that has built-in Bluetooth. I can't say it occurred anywhere else, because everywhere I need my Playbook is usually in wi-fi range. So, as you point out,  it could well be related to some Bluetooth interference issue. However, I HAVE NOT had this problem rare up for the past couple of days.  I'm hoping this is because during that time I have received a whole bunch of upgrades to my Z10 OS and apps, including the Bridge app.  So maybe something in those upgrades fixed my problem.  Consider it "resolved" for now, but I reserve the opportunity to reopen it later if the issue comes back.

Thanks for all you help!