Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
JJESSON
My Device: Blackberry Playbbok, Z10

Bluetooth Pairing Passcodes

I am trying to pair a Mercedes C350 with a Z10. I believe the phone is supposed to generate a passcode to be entered into the MB, but it isn't. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Bluetooth Pairing Passcodes

The defult passcode you enter is 0000, when pairing with cars or hands free headsets. For PC , it generates a passcode.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums jjesson! :smileyhappy:

Your BB device should automatically discover any discoverable devices within range. Do you have bluetooth enabled and discoverable on your car and the Z10? And is your car visible in the devices list on your device?  Have you determined that the device is compatible with your model year vehicle. Z10 is brand new. Depending on your vehicle it may not be supported yet.  Have a look at p. 46 in your Z10 user guide for further detail.

Post back and us know how it goes.  
Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JJESSON
My Device: Blackberry Playbbok, Z10

I will check vehicle compatibility with the dealership in the morning and report back to the forum. Thank you all.
Please use plain text.