If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
DT655
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Bluetooth Services and BB Music Gateway (enable / disable specific services for BT device)

My problem:

Have 2 paired bluetooth devices in my car (jabra freeway handsfree and BB music gateway)

When I jump in my car, the Jabra device connects first all the time. This connects me to it with both handsfree Bluetooth services and Audio services for playing music to the jabra.

I don't want to play music through the Jabra, only to the music gateway.

In order to get it working, I have to manually disconnect the jabra, then connect the music gateway, then re-connect the jabra again before driving off (pain in the ...)

If I let them connect automatically, the jabra has already connected to the music services for bluetooth, and the music gateway says there are no services that can connect,

if I connect the music gateway first, then it uses the music services connects fine, and the jabra only connects as a headset..

QUESTION:

1.) can I change the order in which devices connect automatically e.g. have music gateway connect 1'st and then jabra (that would solve it)

or

2.) can I disable the blutooth music services from connecting to my jabra device so that it only tries to connect the headset services leaving my music gateway to connect to the audio services.

TIA

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
LauraZinn
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bluetooth Services and BB Music Gateway (enable / disable specific services for BT device)

It's been a while since you posted this, so you have probably already stumbled on this solution.

I have a Jabra Cruiser rather than a Jabra Freeway, but I expect the same trick will work.

When I get out of my vehicle, I slide the switch on the Jabra to the off position. When I return to the vehicle, my BlackBerry automatically connects to the BlackBerry Music Gateway when I start the vehicle. When I turn on the Jabra after that, it autoconnects. Music goes to the Gateway, but phone calls go to the Jabra.

Please use plain text.