Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10

Bluetooth & Music app

I have a 3rd party Bluetooth Speakerphone (Blueant S4) in my car. I had no problem pairing it with the Z10 however every time I get in the car and turn the speakerphone on, my Z10 (in the OEM swivel holster) pairs up but as soon as it does, the music app opens and starts playing music. I then have to pull the phone out of the holster and close the music app. Kinda defeats the concept of a hands free device in the first place !! 

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and is there a fix ?  It's getting more annoying by the day and I've tried everything I can think of as a work-around to no avail..   Any ideas would be appreciated !

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Bluetooth & Music app

Hey MikeScully,

Thanks for the post.

When you're connected to the Bluetooth speakerphone, go into Settings>Network Connections>Bluetooth>Paired

Click on the device that is paired and what services are currently connected?

I look forward to your reply so I can investigate this further.

Thanks.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

ViciousFerret wrote:

Hey MikeScully,

Thanks for the post.

When you're connected to the Bluetooth speakerphone, go into Settings>Network Connections>Bluetooth>Paired

Click on the device that is paired and what services are currently connected?

I look forward to your reply so I can investigate this further.

Thanks.

Hi Vicious !  Thanks for your reply..  

Followed your instructions, and here's what it reads:

A2DP

connected

HANDSFREE

connected

OBJECT PUSH

not connected

I'lll look forward to your feedback !

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

Hey ViciousFerret,

Another issue I am 99.999% sure I've narrowed down to the Bluetooth device (BlueAnt S4) as the issue, is that once I've connected to the device and then shut it down, I have no more notifications on my Z10. No ringtones, no sound with incoming messages and no red LED. I then have to do a battery pull and everything is back again..  Not sure if there's a simple fix to this but I thought I'd throw another wrench into the mix for good measure...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lubomyr
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I am having the same problem with my Z10 and my Clarion deck in my car which I use as a hands free device. When the blue tooth connects the music app opens. I didn’t notice at first because I don't have any music on the phone yet. But the music app runs in the background and drains the battery very quickly. I now have to pull out the phone every time I get into the car and close the music app.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

Lubomyr wrote:
I am having the same problem with my Z10 and my Clarion deck in my car which I use as a hands free device. When the blue tooth connects the music app opens. I didn’t notice at first because I don't have any music on the phone yet. But the music app runs in the background and drains the battery very quickly. I now have to pull out the phone every time I get into the car and close the music app.

Lubomyr,  I can't say if this will make a difference cuz I only made the change yesterday and haven't been in the car yet but you might want to try the following: On your Z10, go into Settings > Voice Control.  Touch on the top box titled "Voice recognition mode" and change the setting from "Full Voice Recognition" Voice Dialing Only"...    As I say, I only discovered this yesterday and haven't had a chance to put it to practice yet but I'm hoping it will make the difference. Worth a try anyway... 

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey MikeScully,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay.

Well you might have a conflict regarding the Bluetooth services as A2DP is incoming audio (music) through Bluetooth and handsfree is for the phone calls and voice commands.  To be a 100 percent sure it is causing a conflict we will need to gather logs, please contact your network service provider and asked to be transferred to BlackBerry.

However regarding the no notifications appearing, we are aware of this issue: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33694

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lubomyr
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi MikeScully,

Tried your suggestion this morning. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

[ Edited ]

Lubomyr wrote:

Hi MikeScully,

Tried your suggestion this morning. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Hi Lubomnyr,

Sorry it didn't help, but based on ViciousFerret's reply later last night, I guess it's a bigger issue. Blackberry seems to be aware of the Bluetooth connections - eliminating notifications issue but it sounds like the music app thing is a different story. Following is his suggestion...  Personally, I'm not sure when I'll have time to contact Bell Mobility, then have them forward me to Blackberry support and provide whatever logs they'd need...  but I'll try first chance I get..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey MikeScully,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay.

Well you might have a conflict regarding the Bluetooth services as A2DP is incoming audio (music) through Bluetooth and handsfree is for the phone calls and voice commands.  To be a 100 percent sure it is causing a conflict we will need to gather logs, please contact your network service provider and asked to be transferred to BlackBerry.

However regarding the no notifications appearing, we are aware of this issue: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33694

Please use plain text.
GU57

I have been having the same problem.  It became worse after the update to 10.0.10.85 and it does not happen everytime - probably 60% of the time.  It sometimes happens after making a call as well.

Please use plain text.