Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10

Re: Bluetooth & Music app

GU57 wrote:

I have been having the same problem.  It became worse after the update to 10.0.10.85 and it does not happen everytime - probably 60% of the time.  It sometimes happens after making a call as well.

That's surprising GU57. Since I installed that same update I haven't had anymore problems..

New Contributor
Lubomyr
My Device: Blackberry Z10

My problem has not gone away even after I installed the update. Every time I get into the car and the Bluetooth connects I still have to pull out my phone and manually close the music app.

ShereeTalbott
My Device: Blackberry Z10

For such an annoying issue, this actually appears to have been a quick fix for my BlueAnt S4 and my new Blackberry Z10. 

1. Removed the BlueAnt from the phone.  (This is important--your device will remember information from your old phone if you don't do this)
  2. Reset the BlueAnt by holding down both the plus and minus signs at the same time for six seconds. 
  3. Repaired the devices. 

I've tested it several times, and thus far, the music hasn't reappeared.   

GU57

I hope it continues to work for you.

I did the same thing last week.  It worked for me for a couple of days.  This week it is back to the same issue.  Sometimes it works, like twice this week and usally it doesn't, like the rest of the week.

Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

ShereeTalbott wrote:

For such an annoying issue, this actually appears to have been a quick fix for my BlueAnt S4 and my new Blackberry Z10. 

1. Removed the BlueAnt from the phone.  (This is important--your device will remember information from your old phone if you don't do this)
  2. Reset the BlueAnt by holding down both the plus and minus signs at the same time for six seconds. 
  3. Repaired the devices. 

I've tested it several times, and thus far, the music hasn't reappeared.   

I followed exactly the same procedure (after the OS update) and haven't experienced the problem since which was probably a month or so ago..

D3mon187
My Device: z10

Thats funny.  Here i thought it was a feature.  I want to be able to change it to a different music app to open though, so that Apollo or (eventually Spotify) opens when i connect to bluetooth and starts playing automatically.  Sounds like an option to disable it should also be included.