If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
dejanh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Bluetooth bug in OS 10.0.10.672 (software version 10.0.10.85)

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

It appears that the latest release of the software has introduced a nasty Bluetooth bug.  Before this release my Z10 worked perfectly fine with my HandsFree Link in my 2006 Acura TL.  However, since I installed the latest OS release 10.0.10.672 (software version 10.0.10.85) I can pair with the vehicle however any call in or out causes the Bluetooth connection to be instantaneously dropped.  The device simply cannot manage a conversation.  Please note that the device itself does not disconnect (it is still paired), but it cannot service any audio between the vehicle and the Z10.  Restoring to an older release of the OS fixes this issue.

Is there any way to get this resolved at all?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bluetooth bug in OS 10.0.10.672 (software version 10.0.10.85)

When my wife returns with our 2008 Odyssey with HandsFree Link I'll give it a try. I know it was working before I upgraded, as well. I'll post back later this evening.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dejanh

Any update on your test?

I spoke to a BlackBerry senior analyst last night and he has confirmed that this is a known though not extremely common issue with the new OS.  They have had several reports of the same problem and have confirmed that it exists, however the cause is right now unknown as is the timeline for when it is going to get fixed.  He did reassure me however that it will get fixed in the future updates.

Overall, the situation is rather unfortunate but at least I can take solace in the fact that it will be fixed.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Sorry, I meant to do this last night but forgot.

On my 08 Odyssey it seems to work fine with the .672 software version. However, when I make an outgoing call through the phone it starts on the BT connection but changes to phone audio. I can manually switch back to BT on the device and it works fine. It used to stay on the BT audio.

I'm glad you escalated it to tech support, though. Most don't take the time to do that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dejanh

Interesting find there.  I have not tried manually switching back to BT on the device after it disconnects since the reload of the OS.  Not that this is really a solution either but I will have to try this out today and see if it works and then update my case with BlackBerry if that really turns out to be the situation here.

Maybe if you have time you can report your findings to them as well?  I will post back here later.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dejanh

Well, it would appear that my Acura is producing the same symptoms as your '08 Odyssey.  The call/connection is not dropped in that sense.  The audio I/O (both mic and speaker) are incorrectly routed to the device itself instead of through Bluetooth even though Bluetooth is selected as the I/O device.  Toggling back to the device itself and then back to Bluetooth works to correct the issue. 

This is of course not a solution as this is not safe to do on the road and it still require manual operation of the device itself, exactly the purpose why you need Bluetooth to begin with.  To add to this, incoming call management is impossible since the vehicle system will disconnect audio completly when it is not receiving audio I/O though it, so while the call stays connected it cannot be managed through the vehicle.

I will have to phone BlackBerry tonight and give them an update and a new report dump.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

With mine the incoming call stays routed properly to the BT system. It's just when I dial a call from my handset that it switches to the handset. I didn't try making a call through the car, though.
Please use plain text.
darkmenace
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I am having issues with bluetooth as well it isn't disconnecting properly along with it continues to say it is connected to devices I know are turned off as they are in my other hand.  Now if I force the bluetooth off and on it will connect with active devices but doesn't drop those connections properly...  Hopefully they fix this in a up coming OS as I use bluetooth in my house and in my car all the time.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wcars0hq
My Device: Playbook 64G
My Carrier: Bell

I just got my Z10 this weekend (love it) and immediately updated to 10.0.10.85. I couldn't get the Z10 to stream audio through my car or through my blackberry audio gateway. It would pair and connect to A2DP and remote services and the music would play but no sound. It seemed to work in my car today but only with certain songs. I believe there is a BT bug. My Blackberry mini keyboard will connect and work except for the bezel actions, which renders it useless :-(

Hope it is fixed soon!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Experiencing the same - Z10 connects to my 2013 BMW 328xi but there's no audio when playing music or trying to place a call. It worked perfectly on the previous OS, but after the 10.0.10.85 update it stopped working. Hope this gets resolved quickly.

Please use plain text.