Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Bluetooth issues continuing

I am having real problems with bluetooth performance of my Z10 where my Music Player goes through random interruptions that feature 'static', and where music playback speeds up unexpectedly.

Anyone having the same issue?  I assume this is a software problem.  I'm really at my wits end as I've tried restarting the phone which did nothing to fix it.  I've also done a battery pull which did not solve the problem.  If anything it caused other issues as there was a 'hiccup' for the phone to find my music files on the SD Card and Index them.  It launched some weird sound test track in the music player.

Suggestions welcome!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bluetooth issues continuing

Hi mwineBB,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Music and Bluetooth.

To what type of Bluetooth accessory are you paired - vehicle? Headset? Speakers?

If you were using the device speakers and not the Bluetooth accessory, does this same static seem to happen?

When these interruptions happen, did you receive any new messages, texts or BBMs?

Under Settings>About>OS what's your current software version? 

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey there.

Really appreciate the response on this.

It has only been happening when I'm in my vehicle (Mazda 6).  I'd say the static/speeding up occurs spontaneously even when the Music Player is running without other apps running or inbound messages, or notifications.

That said, the problem also has arisen with the Overdrive Media Player app when playing back audio books using Bluetooth in my vehicle.  The app does hang but I'm pretty sure that's another issue with the app or Android run time environment.  But when playing there was intermittent static interruptions and speeding up similar to the Music Player issue.

As a side note, both apps were able to play audio at the same time at one point when the Overdrive was hanging and the Music Player automatically launched.

There are no issues with playback quality on the Music Player with wired speakers (headphone jack).

Since my post I deleted the phone from the paired devices list, and paired it again.  This seems to have resolved the stability issue at this point.  And it definitely has stopped the music player launching after a phone call.

My OS is 10.1.0.273, Model STL100-3

Any idea of what may have caused the issue?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Glad to hear it's now working.

As for what happened - without analyzing device logs at the time of occurrence I couldn't speculate a theory why. 

If it should happen again, contact your mobile carrier to open a support ticket with BlackBerry so logs can be analyzed to find the reason of the static.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!