Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Poniro
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth transfer of Contacts

Hello friends, I recently purchased the Z10, having been a loyal BB user for a number of years - I'm enjoying the experience! With my previous BB Torch 9800, I had no problems with transferring my contacts from the phone to my motor vehicle with Bluetooth (there was a prompt in the menu saying "transfer contacts" and over they went). The Z10 is recognised by the car and registers the phone, however there is no prompt in the menu to transfer the contacts. From the car, when I click "import contacts" the Bluetooth immediately disconnects and the transfer cannot take place.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Bluetooth transfer of Contacts

Not sure. I uploaded my contacts to my 2008 Honda without any trouble.

How many contacts do you have in your contact list?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Poniro

around 750 contacts
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]

That shouldn't be too many.

I would contact your carrier and have them escalate the case to BB.

Edit:  Actually, if you have multiple numbers per contact it might be an issue with too many numbers (not contacts.)  However, I recommend you contact your carrier and get escalated to BB support.  They should be able to sort it out and tell you whether it should work or not. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Poniro

Thank you for your advice John.

Best regards,
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bb_j

If you have linked contacts they transferred individually on my 2007 mdx. This is a poor design for the contacts app. I would prefer that bb keep only one final contact per person but just update fields from other sources such as linkdin, etc. as needed.
AT&T Z10 (v10.1.0.2019)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Poniro

I'm a little baflled, considering I have the same vehicle and have never had problems transfering contacts from BB's. I'm hoping my provider may offer some assistance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dinocuri
My Device: z10

I used the z10 with the original software out the box and with bluetooth handfree connected to my bmwx5 with success. Since updating to the new software I am unable to search for contacts by name on the car interface. It only uploads all the numbers but no names.
Anyone know how to fix this? I have tried deleting and repairing the phone without success
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Poniro

I have been unable to transfer my contacts via Bluetooth from my Z10 to my Subaru since first purchased several months ago. I have also delete the phone, deleted the contacts and reconfigured the software, to no avail. I will not be recommending the Z10 to my colleagues or clients and after several years of using Blackberry's, my disappointment leaves me with no alternative other than to replace the phone with one that can operate as I wish!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

The rSAP protocol is available (as part of the 10.2 update) and I have been able to connect to my VW Premium system. Unfortunately the phone book does not load despite multiple efforts. This may have something to do with the format of addresses on the VW Premium system but I was able to receive and save a business card to my handset using the VW Premium but was then unable to access and use it!

I can make and receive calls but have to manually input numbers using the keypad and voice/speed dial functions are impossible.

There seems to still be an incompatibility with the VW Premium that was essentially a Nokia product. I am hoping that Blackberry get this sorted soon.

Please use plain text.