Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
GranReviewsmo
My Device: Z10 STL-100
My Carrier: Glo Mobile

Bold 9900 better & easier to use than Z10 IMHO

The Z10 has been a huge disappointment to me, I have no choice but to go back to my 9900.

1. Blackberry Link didn't sync my contacts, calendar or memos when I switched devices, I had to sync my phone contacts to Outlook using Blackberry Desktop Manager, export to CSV, import to my Windows Live Account, then sync the contacts from that account.

2. I drive a 2010 Honda Accord EX-V6 which has Handsfree Link bluetooth. After the first pairing, my 9900 and 9810 connect with the car automatically everytime I start the car. The Z10 paired with the car just fine but has to be connected manually everytime, there's no option on the Z10 to set the car as a trusted device.

3. My company uses Lotus Notes, the IT department spent a whole day trying to set up enterprise mail on the Z10, still haven't managed it. Apparently it's not compatible with something that the 9900 and 9810 ran just fine on.

4. I don't really care about apps that much, I only had Endomondo, WhatsApp and Wi-Fi Manager on my BB7 phones, none of them is available in BB10.

5. Blackberry Link is a step backward from Desktop Manager, you can't do a selective restore of content, it says its done stuff but really hasn't and you can't choose what items to sync.

Unfortunately, I had to exchange my normal sim card for a micro sim when I got the Z10 so its not easy to switch right back.

I have been a staunch fan of Blackberry for the last 8 years, my last non-Blackberry phone was a Nokia that didn't have push email. I waited patiently while friends and family moved to iPhone & Samsung and went to extreme lengths to buy the phone as soon as it became available. I don't own any shares in RIM, just wanted to see them succeed and not get overrun by iOS and Android, but it should be easier to move from an old Blackberry OS to a new one.

On a Blackberry I shouldn't be complaining about syncing contacts, bluetooth and email. Apologies for the rant, I was really looking forward to this phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GranReviewsmo

Re: Bold 9900 better & easier to use than Z10 IMHO

And please in case anyone has solutions to the problems I've described I'd be very grateful for any help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Hi @GranReviewsmo,

I imagine that you didn't recieve a bunch of replies to this because much of this has been mentioned or answered in many other threads here, but here goes:

1. There have been issues with Blackberry Link for many people, myself included, and many of us have simply learned to live without it until it is fixed... :smileywink:
  2. No idea why this isn't working for you, all of my bluetooth devices (and I have many, 2 cars, home home, various audio devices, playbook, etc.) all seem to connect automatically when I turn them on or am close. The only setting that I can see is in Bluetooth Settings > configure > and make sure that 'connect to the last device used when turned on' is selected. Otherwise I suggest deleting the car's bluetooth and re-connecting it?
  3. How is the Lotus notes facing the internet? I don't believe that Lotus Notes is supported under BES10 anymore (but I could be wrong on that...) but you should still be able to get to your mail accounts if they have POP or IMAP access enabled, if that's not possible with Louts Notes.. then I suggest a bit more research into the compatibility with Lotus Notes.. not sure where they are headed with that.
  4. WhatsApp should be released next week according to CrackBerry.com, many other apps are on the way. I was just about to contact Endomondo myself to see if they planned to come over, it was a nice app on BB7. See my signature for more info on my Twitter hashtag #GetWithBB10. :smileywink:
  5. As per #1, there are many issues with Link... and we all hope to see these cleared up in the near future. :smileyhappy:

Did your microSIM come as a punch out (thus able to act as a full size as well?) If so you can simply use a bit of scotch tape on the backing of the punchout to make it whole again. I have done this a few times myself.

I don't think anyone here is offended by your rant, we all have similar issues or other issues.. many of us just feel that the other changes are so good that we can live with these other issues until they are sorted. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GranReviewsmo

Thanks for taking time out to reply. Tried what you said with the Bluetooth and it seems to work fine now. Apparently Lotus Notes - BB10 sync is now supposed to work through Notes Traveler 9, which is supposed to come out sometime this month so fingers crossed.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nikhilragrawal
My Device: blackbery 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

"My condolences to all the bb z10 owners. its the worst blackberry you gonna use ever"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nikhilragrawal
My Device: blackbery 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

they should be calling it extra smart phones thane smart phone..

Please use plain text.