Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
josiahddouglas
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Brand New Z10 Won't Start

[ Edited ]

I just received a new Z10 today. I put in the sim, the battery and pushed the power button. It didn't turn on so I plugged it in. the LED came on for a second or two, went off, then after a couple seconds a red battery icon with an exclamation point came on the screen. I tried several other chargers and none of them worked. I tried plugging it into my computer and it didn't work. 

I searched the forums and found someone else with the same problem and the only response was to plug it in without the battery, then put in the battery. It didn't work for that guy, it didn't work for me. 

I'm thinking it could be the battery, but I don't know anyone with a Z10 that I could try swapping batteries with. Does anyone have any other sugestions? 

Trusted Contributor
Simmo-
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181

Re: Brand New Z10 Won't Start

Hi and sorry to hear this.

Your phone should've started the moment a charged battery was inserted, so I'd guess that the battery was DOA.
The OEM charger has a higher mah than most similar voltage chargers, so I'd leave it plugged into that for some time and hope the phone starts when it begins to take a charge.

Otherwise you're going to have to get your hands on another battery.

Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
New Contributor
josiahddouglas
My Device: Z10

Re: Brand New Z10 Won't Start

Well that's just putz.

I left it charging on the charger it came with all night and nothing. I'll go get me a new battery.

Thanks.