Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: SaskTel

Re: Browser Input not working.

I found a solution!  I have been looking everywhere to try and fix this on mine - I tried reinstalling the OS, doing all security settings, etc. etc. etc. Very easy steps to follow!

What I did to get mine working (NO idea why this worked):

1. Click on your settings (not your browser settings, just regular settings).

2. Click on Security and Privacy.

3. Click on Development Mode - ensure Development Mode is turned on.

4. Click on your browser. 

5. Click on the menu (3 dots) and then click on Settings.

6. Click on Display and Actions.

7. Under the "On Startup" tab, click Show My Home Page. 

8. Under the Home Page tab, click Open a Specific Page. The in the address bar directly below that, type in the page you want to open automatically (for me I put www.Google.com).

9. Close the app and go back into browser and it should work Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

None of the methods listed have worked for me. The type in 'www.google.com/?t' method appeared to work for a few minutes but it's back to square one.

It's quite annoying that that something as simple as clearing the cache on a browser can render such a great browser useless and the only sure fire way to fix it is to reload the OS.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10, DC, 9810, 9800, 8520, Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Ive had an issue similar on off for a while now, i added duckduckgo and switch between it and yahoo.... occasionally going back to google and my issue fixes itself..

Other times Google refuses to work so i close the whole browser and start fresh... sometimes works
Tis Jaysus!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: BSNL

first delete the browser and then connect the phone with a pc using the desktop software and then try installing the browser again....hope it helps...reply if u get a fix on this