Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Geordie3782
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Browser Input not working.

I cannot touch the screen to enter a password or user name but only on certain websites. The two I have noticed so far are Google and Facebook. I used these all the time before the new software update and now just stopped working. I have tried restarting and hard restart by pulling the battery for a minute. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Geordie3782

Re: Browser Input not working.

Also links won't work on websites like craigslist. Seems like a very random issue to have out of no where.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Show the keyboard – Using two fingers, swipe up from the bottom of the screen or tap a text field

Try and see if this works
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Geordie3782

Tried that. Didn't work. After the keyboard came up I wasn't able to tap the screen or enter anything. It also locked it up and had to shut down the browser and restart it so I could come back and reply to this.
Please use plain text.
Maxxpower
My Carrier: Verizon

I have sent this issue to BB...no reply yet.

The same issue happens on my website, it seems to be related to MODX websites at least.

My site worked fine on my BB Bold browser.

Max

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lethakeks
My Carrier: O2 Uk

Experiencing the same issue - very frustrating!

Thought it may have been a poorly programmed app, but after carrying out further online research, it appears to be an OS issue.

Needs a fix and soon! Phones nowadays are just content delivery devices with the added bonus of the ability to communicate in many different ways. The Z10 browser on it day is a match for any product out there, so this issue whatever it is needs to be taken very seriously by BlackBerry.

Any help would be great in resolving this problem.

Cheers, Chris
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Geordie3782

My issue has not been resolved. Virgin wants me to send the phone in and said it may be a month or more. They send me an old bold and when I read the repair ticket they didn't even have the problem close to correct. I am very frustrated. I love the z10 and I have been a blackberry user since 2001 however of this is how problems are dealt with I am very unsatisfied. At least before when you had a problem they just sent you a refurbished unit. Why make me wait and go through all the hassle. Hope somebody sees this and comes up with a better solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lethakeks

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/browser-not-working-since-10-1-a-809150/

Follow the exact instructions in the post left by Devilboy125. It seems to have worked on my device - so far so good, but will update post if issue returns!

Good luck,

Chris

Please use plain text.
Maxxpower
My Carrier: Verizon

Didn't fix my issue

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lethakeks

.. sorry to hear that.

Keep checking forums for other temporary fix methods as we are not the only ones experiencing problems!

I say temporary as expect the problem to surface again. Hope BlackBerry fathom it out and push out a permanent fix very soon.

Chris
Please use plain text.