Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ali135
My Device: blackberry 9530 storm

Browser Issues that make the Z10 Garbage!!!

[ Edited ]

I've been a Blackberry fan ever since, and when the z10 came out, i was all over it. Until i started using it and getting use it. Updated it, first of all it get hot which just kills the mood of using a BB.  But know, i go on a site, and it doesnt open an external link, it loads and goes back to the same FLIPPING page!!! Of all phones, this is the phone that should have no issues with other links and opening links in the browser. Most of the options are missing, when you hold a link, it the side bar opens then when i release to choose something from side bar, they both disappear. but if i continue to hold for a link the side bar pops up, but then if i coninually hold and move my hand to the left, both link and side bar disappear.. UGGHHHHHH.. ITS SOOO ANNOYING!!! :smileysad:

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Browser Issues that make the Z10 Garbage!!!

[ Edited ]

I think there is a learning curve on how to use the browser. For me this is the first browser that I have ever used on any smartphone that actually works like a desktop computer(desktop mode, Flash enabled). I have had many Blackberry phones from day one.. I even use my wifes Iphone 5 and had a galaxy sii for 2 months and hands down it is the best browser out there.

To open a link in a web page, just zoom in and click once and it opens the link. If you click and hold a link, then a slider appears on the right. (copy, copy link, open in new tab, open, Bokmark link, save link, Share and Dismiss selection.  Once the slider pops on the right,  release the link and select what you want to do. 

IMG_00000187.png

Contributor
bskitmor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I must live in a different time space continuum! -- the BB10 browser is so far ahead of any other that I have used e.g iphone. HTC Touch and earlier BBs.  Agree it's pretty c;ose to a full desktop experience

Forums Advisor I
Arsen

bskitmor

I agree with your comments, it is truly amazing browser. I no longer take my laptop with me to surf the net, because the BB z10 browser is amazing and also super fast with LTE. If I am not mistaken it was ranked the fastest browser in a HTML5 test..

New Contributor
ali135
My Device: blackberry 9530 storm

It's nice, but I can't open drop down links that has other optionis in it, i go to click on it once, it just clicks on it as if its one link and reloads the page. but if i hold it, it goes to Copy paste mode and it doesnt have the "open in new tab" option, when i zoom in, click on it, it quickly drops the menu but it right away clicks it and reloads it... I don't know how to explain it its just so annoying ATM...

Forums Advisor I
Arsen

I can see something is not working the way you want it. Can you send us a screen capture (volume up and Down together).  Also what is the url of the web page, are you using your z10 as desktop mode or are you in the mobile web site?  Also do a quck reboot of your z10...

Contributor
gtatech
My Device: Torch 9800

I really want to like this phone but I must agree the screen gets so warm when browsing even with 4g only not LTE. My z10 crashed on me 3 times today. Its overheating and burning through my battery life. My phone is less than two weeks old I will need to exchange it because it's obviously defective. The browser gets stuck loading pages and the menu options and back button disappear. I'm paying for a $600 virtual keyboard with more bugs behind it than a ant farm.
Contributor
bskitmor

Sorry to hear that -- after going through hoops to get a Motorola Razr fixed under warranty we have been purchasing "no questions asked" replacement for our smart phones (normally good for 3 years).  So far we have replaced an iPhone 4s -- the BB10 (z10) has been very well behaved since Feb. 2013 but you never know!

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Sorry to hear that you feel that way, I agree with Arsen this is one of the best browser out, specially best browser that Blackberry has came out with!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Contributor
bskitmor

Browsing both Apple and Galaxy forums overheating when browsing is a common problem with advanced smart phones especially on LTE.  My z10 stays a lot cooler when using WiFI -- technology driven very (too?) fast by intense competition??