Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: 3

Browser constantly repors tethering.

Hi Guys,

I have a problem where my browser will browse the internet for 2-3 web pages before deciding that I am tethering. After which I'm blocked from the internet in the browser app only. The facebook app works, games which require internet connection work, twitter works, etc.

I've brought this up with the 3 network who say that they are not blocking my internet (also they have no clue why it won't work and have decided my device is at fault, but my device clearly works up until the 3 network message comes up accusing me of tethering) and that I need to contact BB support. I can't find out how to call BB support anywhere I just get directed to this forum.

I've also tried entering the escreen and changing my radio settings, but that was to no avail.

Any help/knowledge of radio settings would be greatly appreciated, or even just a contact number for BB in the UK would be grand.

Thanks a lot,

Vince

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Browser constantly repors tethering.

vincebell85 wrote:

I've also tried entering the escreen and changing my radio settings, but that was to no avail.

The best advice I've ever given for a BlackBerry phone: STAY AWAY FROM THE ESCREEN SETTINGS! You only have to mess up one little thing in that section and your phone is toast and cannot be regained even with a security wipe. So just stay out.

OK, that's out of the way so now down to business. You contacted your carrier and they could not help then they told you to get in touch with BlackBerry. What they did not mention is that it's them that puts you through to BlackBerry. It's called being escalated to BlackBerry and it's what a carrier does when they are unable to assist you. They'll probably be very hesitant to do so but it's in their contract with BlackBerry so keep after them to escalate you.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: 3

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll give that a try. As you can see it doesn't bother me too much hence taking a month to see this response... I don't really use the browser away from home much but it's definitely nice to have it if I'm looking for a restaurant on the go or the such. P.S. BB auto text is far better than iPhone's, which I'm trying to use right now grrr... lol
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Please keep us up to date on your progress. Once we start helping someone, we like to know the end result to help us better guide people in the future.

And you're right about BlackBerry's Predictive Text being better than the iPhone's...it's actually better than ALL others.

I look forward to hearing back from you. Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.