Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
danielsydney
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Optus Australia
Accepted Solution

Browser defaults to Bing?

I have noticed with my new Z10 that when I go to browser and search it seems to default to Microsoft Bing. Is this normnal or can this be changed at all? 

Help? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Browser defaults to Bing?

You should be able to change it in the upper right hand corner when you do the search.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney

John, Had a quick look in the right corner and cant see where this can be adjusted or altered.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

What OS version is your device running?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Type something to search for in the search/address bar It should bring up some suggestions. When it does, look at the top right corner and you should see the Bing logo with a dropdown arrow. touch on that and change it to another search engine.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney

Just tried that John. No dropdown arrow.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

http://crackberry.com/how-change-default-search-engine-blackberry-10
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney

I have now seen where you are talking about here John. This one is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Excellent!!
Please use plain text.