Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Developer
OliverTwist
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
Accepted Solution

Bug report (BlackBerry Z10) - The default value of 10 attempt to enter your device password is not working.

[ Edited ]

Hi BlackBerry / Community Support,

My son had accidentally enter incorrect password 5 times on my Z10 (Model STL100-2, OS 10.1) and I could not unlocked it on my 6th attempt. The Z10 device does not recognize my correct password on my 6th attempt and was stuck on that attempt (every time I enter my password the device does not recognize it and will revert on the 6/10 attempt).

The device is requiring me to enter "blackberry" even though it was just 6/10 attempt and I don't want to do it cause I know it will wipe my device. Any one who had experience this and found a solution please help.

Thank you,

Oliver

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: Bug report (BlackBerry Z10) - The default value of 10 attempt to enter your device password is not working.

OliverTwist wrote:

Hi BlackBerry / Community Support,

My son had accidentally enter incorrect password 5 times on my Z10 (Model STL100-2, OS 10.1) and I could not unlocked it on my 6th attempt. The Z10 device does not recognize my correct password on my 6th attempt and was stuck on that attempt (every time I enter my password the device does not recognize it and will revert on the 6/10 attempt).

The device is requiring me to enter "blackberry" even though it was just 6/10 attempt and I don't want to do it cause I know it will wipe my device. Any one who had experience this and found a solution please help.

Thank you,

Oliver

I had the same thing happened to me not long ago, and when I typed BLACKBERRY, it went stait back to the password entry field and I lost absolutely NOTHING

My advice is that you do what the phone ask just type BLACKBERRY, and then you will be able to type your password without losing anything

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Developer
OliverTwist
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bug report (BlackBerry Z10) - The default value of 10 attempt to enter your device password is not working.

Thank you very much Martin, it works! Appreciate it a lot. BlackBerry should add this on the KB. Cheers!