Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
gilles737
My Device: Z10

Bye bye Z10

[ Edited ]

I was probably one of the first in UK to have a Z10, loved the phone but had so many issues. They are all on this forum pretty much. I brought it back to the store after 4 days and now using my BB9790 and an IPOD TOUCH 5. Both are perfect. Once I was dreaming about only using my Z10 on the go but I'm afraid it is not going to happend. I'm now waiting for the Q10 in a few weeks with a new OS update.....

Good luck to all of you with this amazing phone but such a bad support for Blackberry,

New Contributor
vista
My Device: Blackberry z10

Re: Bye bye Z10

Yep same, got the z10 2 days after the launch in the UK and it's going back today.
Regular Contributor
jaysus858
My Device: Z10, DC, 9810, 9800, 8520, Playbook

Issues specific to you helps, I love the z10, this one is getting exchanged at some point sadly

Tis Jaysus!
New Contributor
nickharvey
My Device: blackberry z 10

Mine is going back today too.Similar problems; screen feeezes: battery had to be taken out to disconnect call: contacts list disappeared and text received with incorrect sender's name! phone number passed as requested to customer services but no call received!

RIP RIM or should I say Blackberry!

Nick

New Contributor
vista
My Device: Blackberry z10

[ Edited ]

They're all posted elsewhere but the major ones are:

Contacts won't transfer through link (& link itself keeps crashing on my PC)
The phone itself is NOT user friendly
Email accounts receive but don't send (the mail appears to send but never actually arrives)
Bluetooth doesn't work properly with my car when all my previous BB's have worked without issue
Battery life is woeful!
Plus lots of other smaller glitches

It's a shame as the browser and touch screen is really nice but functionality wins for me so I'm going back to my old handset. No way am I sticking through 6 - 8 months of software updates that part resolve the problem like I did with the storm 2 (all the while paying an expensive premium for a sub standard handset)

earlyadopter
My Device: stl100-3

I was an early adopter in the 90's and was expecting a lot from the Z10,  I don't like it and tried it for 2 days, having a lot of problems syncing and it will not work with outlook. Contacts are not all transfered etc...  So that is it for me as well, will return it today and will wait for the new Samsung or Google phone to switch again.  I am using the 9800 and it works fine

gregmccluskey
My Device: z10

Never had any of these issues yet

New Contributor
nickharvey
My Device: blackberry z 10

Guess what?

As a loyal and perhaps somewhat misguided Blackberry user I decided to give the Z10 another chance.I collected  a new one yesterday and surprise surprise it frooze this morning and the replacement has been replaced.This is my third in a week.Is this a record?

In fairness the o2 shop have been excellent but they must surely now be reluctant to sell such a troublesome piece of hardware.Why could these issuses not have been sorted before release?

Nick

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I, and my wife, and many friends must be very lucky. We have not had very many issues at all. This has so far been an excellent phone for us. There were things we thought the phone could not do, and then we eventually we found out how to do them.

As for the Link software, it works best on a decent Win7 or Win8 computer. Using it in the default from when it is loaded it should be able to easily backup and restore the complete phone.  I was able to do that when I tested it. I was able to back up the phone, wipe it, and then bring it back with the Link software.

I feel sorry to hear some people are having so many problems...

Jerry G.
New Contributor
SvenC
My Device: Z10, Torch 9810, Playbook 64Gb

I am planning to revert back to my Torch as after 2 days with the Z10. I am sick of it failing to pair with my car, not bridging to my PlayBook in the same way as the Torch and being unable to connect to my work email via BES as it needs BES v10 to be deployed :No:  I work in my company's IT dept and we had high hopes for the Z10 as a more secure smartphone but if we have to run BES 5 for the legacy BB's and now BES 10 as well then it seems like too much hassle right now.

What a disappointment... an opportunity well and truly missed Blackberry...

What's the use in being gifted....