Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
nickharvey
My Device: blackberry z 10

Re: Bye bye Z10

In case you thought all issues had been resolved let me assure you they havent.

Today no e mails could be received.Undaunted I switched the phone off.Unfortunately it wouldnt switch back on.Actually thats not strictly correct the battery was taken out and that did the trick.

Then I received a text from O2.Problem.It stated it was from a client! Thankfully I realised that he was not inviting me to a cheap deal in the cinema! 

Ok back to reality.This is my fourth handset since the phone was launched.I dont intend to get a fifth.Its now a change to Apple or Samsung.A piece of advice.I could not recommend this phone.

If anyone in Blackberry sees this.or indeed cares,please take note.Although I doubt you will

Contributor
kbalaz
My Device: Z10/Playbook

Interesting. As I in Canada, have not heard of one person having issues with their phones. There will always be a percentage of bad units when you are talking electronics. Its the nature of the beast. So many parts are brought in from different manufacturers and then brought together as one unit. Quality control in all of these different plants is difficult at best. How do I know, I worked in a plant that manufactured mobile devices for 15 years. You will NEVER get a 100% pass rate, that is why there is warranty. Do not be so quick to blame an OS when there are so many phones that are working out there. All phone systems have had their problems at launch, including Samsung and Apple. It sucks that it has to happen, but it does.
New Contributor
nickharvey

Thank you for the post.

Do you not agree that four faulty handsets in three weeks is too high a percentage? Or is this something I should be asked to accept like horsemeat in my beefburgers?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If there is a bug (and there are definitely bugs in this device) then doing the same thing with a different phone will result in the same "failure." Email can be a problem if your device is on the wrong data plan. You don't have to accept it but if you don't actually ask for help with specific issues you will have an experience just as you describe.

Your official support channel is to contact your provider and if they can't sort out the issue then they are to escalate you to BlackBerry. If they don't do that then your provider is ripping you off and not doing their job.

I'm not saying the device is without its issues. Replacing the device with another one isn't likely to solve issues such as these. Good luck with your Apple or Samsung.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
nickharvey

Thank you for your good wishes I will keep you posted if I have any issues.All I can say is that my wife and three children have Apple and Samsung devices and have never experienced any problems.Likewise my 14 employees who all run non Blackberry mobiles.When you are trying to run a buisness having issues with contact lists,screen freezing,failure (sporadic) of e mails and unable to disconnect calls without taking out the battery is extremely annoying and time consumming.i take your point about contacting Blackberry Suppoprt but one has to draw the line somewhere.It is all too easy for manufacturers to blame their suppliers but ultimately thats there issue with quality control.not mine.I expect a product to be fit for purpose and as the add men say "it does what it says on the tin!

pgc
Contributor
pgc
My Device: z10

i am sorry to hear that, i have had the phone for 2 weeks and have had no hardware issues mentioned above. we have 2 Z10's in the family and no issues at all.

the only issue i had was integration of the outlook client memo's, but that is not a fault of the phone but our exchange server being too old.

chilly121
My Device: BB Torch

To the person that hass not heard of any issues in Canada. Sorry had to reply. I got the Z10 the day after the launch everything seemed to be good everything paired up ie: playbook ,vehicle no issue. Until I sent an email from the phone in which it sent over 160 times to the same person except that person only recieved it once phone used 430MB of data to send this email that many times. Then after a week the battery still drained ( with everything shut off ) 3 hours drained by 35% and only checked two emails and sent 2 texts. Very sad to say switched back to the torch that I have no problem surfing and checking emails sending emails and texts and battery lasting 2 days not hours.

I have been a loyal BB user for over 6 years 

chilly121
My Device: BB Torch

[ Edited ]

Contributor
jagibson
My Device: Z10

I've had my Z10 phone for just over 2 weeks now  and I have yet to have any issue with it. I'm a heavy user, and I get 16-18 hours out of a battery charge, I've had no issues with freezing, crashing or anything of the sort. Contacts imported just fine using a google sync etc... no issues at all, I absolutly LOVE this phone.