Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30
Accepted Solution

CalDAV Calendars are Read-Only?

When trying to add a CalDAV calendar (Google Calendar in this case), the end result is that it is a read-only calendar.

I can not add/edit/delete anything from the calendar and even the edit option for the events doesn't even show up.

Does anyone here have a Google Calendar CalDAV calendar account that is read/write? This includes both the primary calendar and shared calendars (manually added as separate accounts).

NOTE: Please do not suggest ActiveSync. That is not working for some people anymore and is no longer a viable alternative. We need to figure out this CalDAV business at some point.

Figured I'd post in the Z10 forum since people are incorrectly posting OS related issues here anyway, and there's more activity.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
reedter24
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: CalDAV Calendars are Read-Only?

My understanding is that a CalDav is a pull from the server of your choice where the server is the single source of truth. It's not meant to be a 2-way conversation, but rather a 1-way street from the server (gmail, outlook, mobileMe, etc) to the phone.

Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi

Actually since originally posting this question, it looks like one of the OS updates along the way has resolved this issue. CalDAV is definitely a two-way protocol, and it works really well now. Thanks for taking the time to reply, though.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
z10er
My Device: Z10

Hi having trouble getting past 'wrong account details' while syncing Google Calendar to Z10 using CalDAV.

May I just ask whether 2-step authentication (which I use) is a barrier (or issue at all) in this process?

Thanks...

Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi

Pre-10.1 Maintenance Release OS -- If you use two-factor auth then you should have to create an app-specific password in your Google Account security settings and use that for your BB10.

After 10.1 MR OS - Adding a new Gmail account will log you in via OAuth so app-specific passwords are no longer needed.

That OS is 10.1.0.4633.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
z10er

Superhelpful thank you. As I added Gmail ac before 10.1 does it make sense to delete and add anew?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
z10er

OK now I thought more I shall try using the 2 step pw that I already use... sorry to be sliw!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
z10er

Right thanks done! New 2step pw worked fine. Of course I couldn't see the existing one...
Please use plain text.