Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
gridmaster
My Device: Blackberry Torch 900 and Blackberry 10 Z10

CalDAV and CardDAV issues

Hi,

I just got my new Z10 ... it looks and works great.

However, when I try to get the CalDAV configured against a Zimbra or OwnCloud backend it keeps asking for an e-mail address to use as the login. 

These two services use the username.  Why can't the client be configured to use the specific username instead of being forced to use the e-mail address as the username. 

I know there are issues with the Google Calendars but these other ones are not working at all either. 

Is there something I can do to workaround this issue since I am not the administrator of the CalDAV services I am connecting to I can't change my username to be the same as the e-mail address?

Thanks!

New Contributor
flutiju
My Device: Z10

Re: CalDAV and CardDAV issues

Same problem here.
I've tried to create a new login (xxx@xxx.xxx) on my ownCloud server, but it can't connect beacause I think it checks dav services from email address, not from server url and login.
It's very sad, dav services were a msut for me. I'm very disappointed.

New Contributor
gridmaster

Is that component open source? If so i will look at fixing it myself.
New Contributor
flutiju

You're talking about the BB OS component ?
Let me know if you find something, or if you need someone to test !
mmacnau
My Device: BB Z10, Playbook

I was able to get the caldav working with the following settings in the server settings:

mailserveraddress/dav/username/Calendar

I am not able to get the cardav to work at all.  I think there is an issue with their implimentation.  Both work fine on the playbook.  I am connecting to a Zimbra server

New Contributor
flutiju

So you're using a Zimbra account ?

It doesn't work for me, on my owncloud server (because it doesn't uses an email at all).

Contributor
Jothebulb
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I'd like to bump this up the list - I, too, am having both CalDAV & CardDAV probles, using calendar & contact lists running on Apple OS X Server.

Apple's claendar & contact servers only require a username & password to log in, while the BB software stubbornly requires an email address. So, I simply cannot configure these accounts to work with the Z10.

New Contributor
Fleisch
My Device: BB Z10

I spend some nights with my new Z10 and ownCloud (4.5.7 and 5.0.0).

I checked out what's going on (wireshark is very, very useful) :
Here's a short summary:

• email adress is not necessary (to connect to ownCloud), username and password are used
  • Server name ist really just the server (a port number may be added); no protocol, no path/filename
    https is alwas used, thus default port is 443
  • ownCloud sends http redirects to phone's requests,  but BB doesn't seem to handle them properly.

The last item mentions the problem(s)

1. For some reason ownCloud only responds to
    <servername>/<path>/remote.php/<application, eg. carddav>
  2. BB requests two paths: "/" and ".well-known" -> ownCloud sends redirects (per default HTTP 302 "Found", other 30x codes don't work either)
  3. BB ignores the redirect respones; instead it just retries

I modified ownCloud's internal checks in order to make it respone to ".well-known" requests.

It wasn't actuall stable, but at least I was able to load my old phone's contacts...

CalDAV appeared to work to, but then the Z10 killed the calendar application whenever I attempted to enter a date.

New Contributor
gridmaster

I will try this later but that's great investigation there.

Thanks for posting!
New Contributor
flutiju

Cool.

Could you please post what ou exactly did in owncloud and BB to get this ? A little tutorial would be great

Thank you very much !