Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
YoYoMah
My Device: Z10

Calendar Appointment Inviitations Not Opening

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Running Exchange 2008 and using active sync on the Z10. When receiving a calendar invite, Blackberry states "The calendar could not recognize this meeting invitation" with a big exclamation mark.

I have researched but only found content surrounding Novell. Please advise, anyone?

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Calendar Appointment Inviitations Not Opening

Hey YoYoMah,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry 10 device software are you currently using?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.

Also if you accept the calendar invite through the calendar application, are you then able to see the details through BlackBerry Hub?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
YoYoMah

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Software version  =  10.0.10.88

What happens is that his assistant has access to his calendar through her outlook 2007 connected to exchange 2007. when she adds a new calendar event, he gets a "meeting forward notification" in his phone inbox. He gets the "The calendar could not recognize this meeting invitation" message when he opens the notification but yes, it does appear in his calendar.

New Contributor
YoYoMah

[ Edited ]

Quick bump...

Anyone else having this issue?

Of course the issue is with our CEO's phone so i have that going for me...

New Contributor
PBGBob

I had the same thing happen when I upgraded to 10.0.10.88.  I recently applied 10.0.10.116 from AT&T and it still suffers the same issue.  On the original release I did not have this problem.  Seems BB broke something in the upgrade process.

FWIW, I also manage my Exchange 2010 environment here and there have been absolutely no changes to that side of the equation.  I am using EAS right now as we are in process of rolling out our new BB10 server.

I know this does not address your problem, but perhaps some additional clues for BB may help them correct this issue.

Bob

JB11393
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I just had this exact problem on my Blackberry Z10 and I resolved it by deleting the work space and re-adding or activating my exchange ActiveSync email again. Hope this helps. 

New Contributor
PBGBob

I tried removing then re-adding the EAS account.  I did the old school BB battery pull in between for good measure and nostalgia.  That was to no avail, the calendar events still do not function. Makes me want to go back to pre-10.0.10.88.

Come on BlackBerry, fix this one please.

New Contributor
YoYoMah

Are you having the exact same issue as the one I previously described, or are you having other issues with the calendar?

New Contributor
YoYoMah

Thank you so much for the information. I have not tried the solution yet that you have laid out but will reply when I get a chance at it.

New Contributor
PBGBob

[ Edited ]

YoYoMah,

I am having the exact same issue as you described.  I added my information in case any BB engineers lurk here.

FWIW, I am happy to beta test to work with BB to help resolve this issue.

Bob