Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberrry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Calendar Sync not fully syncing

Hello,

I recently updated to the newest Blackberry Link in order to sync my contacts and calendar with Microsoft Outlook. I need to factory reset my phone and don't like having my calendar sync with email so I save it to the Blackberry Calendar instead. Since we no longer can selectively back up and restore things using Blackberry Link, this has only recently become a problem for me. I have successfully managed to back up my contacts to Microsoft Outlook using Blackberry Link, however my Calendar will not completely sync.  I manage to sync all my appointents from 2009 until March 30, 2013. The last few months will not sync.

However, this is only the case when I try to sync my calendar from my phone to Microsoft Outlook. When I create a test appointment after the date of March 30, 2013 on my desktop and then sync, the appointment appears on my phone under a new calendar, BBLink instead of the original Home calendar I was syncing.

Also, when I create a test appointment on my phone under the new BBLink calendar, it will successfully sync onto my desktop. Why won't my original HomeCalendar sync the last few months? Has anyone else has this issue?

For specs, I am using Blackbery 10.0 software on a Z10 and Microsoft Outlook 2003.

New Contributor

Re: Calendar Sync not fully syncing

Update: so I rewrote the missing appointments onto Microsoft Outlook, factory reset my phone and then synced again. All the appoints managed to copy over. Even when I sync from my phone to my desktop. I just have to be using the BBLink calendar that was created at the fist time of syncing.

Has anyone else noticed this or have been able to fully sync their home calendar without having to use the BBlink calendar?
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport

The BB Link 1.1.1 software is unable to sync with the native (Home) calendar. If you have OS 10.1.x.x on the Z10, it will create the BBlink Calendar and will do the sync with that. I suggest, you go to your calendar app, pull down on the screen to get into Manage and just disable the Home(Local Calendar) from view. That way you will only use your BBLink calendar and it will sync with Outlook.

In BBLink check the Cotact/Calendar sync settings to make sure what takes precedence in case of a conflict.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yeah, I was getting the feeling that was the case. Thanks for confirming!