Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
KirkSpockMcCoyFan
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: SaskTel

Calendar Time Issue

I'm having a problem with viewing appointments in my calendar, and since I live in Saskatchewan we don't change our time, and the rest of the phone, including the main time on the phone are correct.

My issue is the "day view" shows everything an hour ahead, including the red line listing 4:18 PM, it's only 3:18 PM.

Also every appointment is listed an hour ahead, had one this morning at 8 AM and it shows 9 AM in the day view.

Even more confusing is when I click and open that calendar item, it shows the correct start time of 8 AM.

Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

This is very annoying to say the least, especially with all appointments now being one hour ahead in the day view on the calendar...

My time zones settings are correct in the System Settings/Date and Time it is set to Saskatchewan (-6).

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Calendar Time Issue

Hey KirkSpockMcCoyFan,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry 10 are you currently using?  This can be found under Settings>About.  

If you synchronize a calendar entry from your computer (online calendar also) to your BlackBerry Z10, does it show that it is an hour off still?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KirkSpockMcCoyFan

I am using Software Release 10.0.9.348 for my BlackBerry z10.  There is no update available yet for my phone, my wireless provider hasn't released the update yet.

I have not been able to get any calendar items from my computer on my BlackBerry z10, and that is a whole other store in and of itself, as this ability is not available, is it?

I do not have email online to be able to set up a calendar item to wirelessly sync to my BlackBerry z10 either.

I will confirm the issue happens with items previously entered into my calendar and it also happens with any items I add to my calendar now as well.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

KirkSpockMcCoyFan wrote:

I am using Software Release 10.0.9.348 for my BlackBerry z10.  There is no update available yet for my phone, my wireless provider hasn't released the update yet.

Then your choice is to wait or try one of the "tricks":

KirkSpockMcCoyFan wrote:

I have not been able to get any calendar items from my computer on my BlackBerry z10, and that is a whole other store in and of itself, as this ability is not available, is it?

Direct USB/BT (as existed before BB10), no...not yet...reported to be returning "soon". OTA however is available...

KirkSpockMcCoyFan wrote:

I do not have email online to be able to set up a calendar item to wirelessly sync to my BlackBerry z10 either.

You can do it totally for free, and you don't even have to use the same email account. Indeed, I recommend Outlook.com for Calendar/Contacts and whatever you want for Email. Refer:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
jimlafreniere
My Device: z10
My Carrier: sasktel

KirkSpockMcCoyFan wrote:

I'm having a problem with viewing appointments in my calendar, and since I live in Saskatchewan we don't change our time, and the rest of the phone, including the main time on the phone are correct.

My issue is the "day view" shows everything an hour ahead, including the red line listing 4:18 PM, it's only 3:18 PM.

Also every appointment is listed an hour ahead, had one this morning at 8 AM and it shows 9 AM in the day view.

Even more confusing is when I click and open that calendar item, it shows the correct start time of 8 AM.

Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

This is very annoying to say the least, especially with all appointments now being one hour ahead in the day view on the calendar...

My time zones settings are correct in the System Settings/Date and Time it is set to Saskatchewan (-6).

I am also in saskatchewan and have the same issue. My text messages and calendar entries are one hour ahead. Is there any way to fix this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KirkSpockMcCoyFan

By changing my time display to 24 hours, under Settings/Date and Time and then moving the slider to ON for 24-Hour TIME, the calendar time view issues have disappeared.

Unfortunately the text messages are still out by an hour when viewing them individually.  The time is correct on the main page when "conversations" are listed and the most recent text message is displayed, but going into each conversation each text message there displays an hour later than it should.

Hopefully this is something that BlackBerry is working on for the next update to the z10 software.

Please use plain text.
jimlafreniere
My Device: z10
My Carrier: sasktel

This is a step in the right direction. Thank you!

Hopefully Blackberry can resolve the glitch for SMS

Please use plain text.
Koloth
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

I can confirm as of 10.0.10.85 that this is still an issue. As stated changing to south america -6 or switching to 24 hour clock resolves at least the calender issues.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
germanib
My Device: Blackberry Z10 + Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Iusacell

Please use plain text.