Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Keithhooper
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Calendar and participants

I have my google account setup as Exchange ActiveSync and for the most part it seems to be working.

My calendar (main one only) will sync.  However, it will not allow me to add partcipants to an event under that calendar ?    In Participants field it says "This calendar does not support participants".

Anyone else having this issue ?

Contributor
mfarmilo
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Calendar and participants

I saw that too - asked about it yesterday I believe, didn't get an answer. Just one of many little things that are really beginning to wear me down ....

Contributor
Keithhooper
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Nice device - but it is taking too much time to get everything working like it should..

Contributor
mfarmilo
My Device: Curve 8520

Exactly what I thought - several parts of it feel like a work in progress, like it's been rushed out the door, with bits still missing. I set up the Calendar with Gmail the standard way at first, and although the Calendar said it was synced, the Calendar app itself only showed a Local calendar. Then I saw a suggestion about using Activesync. That made it show up, but I noticed the participants thing.

New Contributor
dfeickme
My Device: Playbook and Bold 9700

Hi all,

If you add the calendar you want as a caldav instead of doing it automatically, adding participants should work (as does multiple calendars at least for me).

Go to settings<accounts<add new account. Then minimize the keyboard (by holding space) and select advance.

Enter account details (server for google is www.google.com), and your done.

Hope this helps,

Derek

Developer
supraking
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

This is a bit ridiculous to have to do. This is a paid Google Apps account (which means I'm a BUSINESS user) and I have to be out there searching for how to solve this problem? This is basic functionality. The Q10 is definitely wearing me down too, I might just go back to the 9900 this week.

I just tried adding my calendar as CalDAV and it doesn't sync my events and appointments to my phone. I can add a new one but can't see any existing. Sigh.

Contributor
gtatech
My Device: Torch 9800

Exact same issue here as many Crackberry users with a similar post z10 q10 10.1 which is supposed to be an update doesn't fix anything. Caldav doesn't sync. ActiveSync doesn't invite. Can't work like this. I hate this phone.