Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
clique
My Device: Z10

Calendar entries are disappearing

Something strange is happening with my calendar. Occasionally, I put in a new entry and some time shortly after it disappears.  It is something to do with the differerent calendars I have, but I am not doing anything different when I make those entries compared to when I add others.  The only reason I know they are different is they are colour coded different in my calendar.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks

blaven23
My Device: Q10

Re: Calendar entries are disappearing

I'm having the same problem.  Some of the appointments I create on my Q10 seem to disappear.  Not all of them, just some.  When I receive acceptance notifications from people, there's a message that says "The event can't be found in your calendar" even though I just created it a minute before.  As a work around, I open the invitation email that's sent from my phone and click on the event.ics file to add it back into my calendar.  This is annoying because it only happens to some events and I have to constantly double check every event to make sure they're still in my calendar.

New Contributor
clique

Glad it is not just me.  I've worked out that it is something to do with the drop down menu of calendars for which there are different colours, but I don't know how these work and what they are based on.  It is also clear which entries are the ones that are going to 'disappear' as they are 'greyed out' in my diary but, again, I can't seem to control it. 

Jenlogan
My Device: Q10

The same thing is happening to me. I can add a new calendar entry, close the calendar, re-open, and its completely gone. Does anyone have a solution for this? I am so close to throwing this Q10 out the window. My patience is wearing thin.
New Contributor
paulbyron

Me too.

Seems to only happen with entries involving other invitees.

Contributor
MrsBrown1982
My Device: BB Q10

I've been having the same problem! I was hoping to find some sort of solution online, but didn't really find anything saying "do this & it's fixed".
My specific problem was, all new events I've programmed in the recent week or so have spontaneously disappeared. Sometimes they're their for a few minutes, or only immediately after I hit 'save'. I rely heavily on scheduled reminders in my phone to remember something as mundane as "look such-and-such up on google", to the more significant like "orthodontist appt". I CANNOT be having this problem. I must've added the same appts 10 times! It's to the point where I almost don't need to add them, because I have them memorised now!
Anyway, I saw another person above say something about maybe it was the colour of his event. I noticed that the events I had programmed into my previous phone, that were transferred over when I moved everything onto this phone (my Q10) is green (local calendar) & hasn't disappeared. Anything new I add is defaulted to orange (canada-read only) & those are the ones disappearing. I've always just let it be whatever colour it wanted to be & have only once had this issue in the past. Then, I had programmed a bunch of activities I had my daughter registered for, through the City's Activity Guide & they all disappeared. When I noticed & reprogrammed then (again orange), they stayed.
This time, they kept disappearing. Like I said, the guy above mentioned something about colour. I noticed the ones that stayed were green (local calendar). So, I added as many of the appts I could remember again, for the millionth time, but made sure they were green (local calendar). This appears to have solved this issue. Well, not really 'solved', as much as figured out a work around.