Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Freeskiken
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Calendar will not show up when I open the program ?

I had my calendar working at first had it syncing through my gmail account. My phone has been giving me problems lately. The battery only lasts about three hours. So I have been taking out my battery and replacing it trying to get the battery to last. (Restart) I have tried the latest software update. I have tried removing my memory card, my sim card and replacing them, Still having the battery issue. Then my contacts would disappear and slowly re populate. Now my calendar application does not work at all ! Nothing shows up ? The battery is still a problem. I don't know what to do any more ? HELP !!!
New Contributor
farmermike
My Device: Torch

Re: Calendar will not show up when I open the program ?

I have a similar problem and am synching with gmail. The issue started a few days ago with the phone operating very warm and battery lassting only a few hours. My first action was doing a security wipe and re-install.  I have the latest software update and am running absolutley no apps. Since doing the security swipe and re-install, the contacts are updating okay, but the calander is not working well. Open to 'today'  view and events are there. Open to the week view and everything disappears , go back to the 'day' view and everything is gone. Open to the month view and nothing is there either, but BB is attempting to update. Unsuccessfully. It attempted to update all night. I suspect this is why the phone is still warm and the battery life is still short after the re-install.  Today i am  deleting the calendar account in settings ( leaving email and contacts) to see if that solves the battery issue.

New Contributor
farmermike

To clarify - I have a Z10.  

Contributor
Freeskiken

I have a Z10 as well. When I open calendar there is nothing in day view, no way to open week or month view. Calendar does not work at all !!
New Contributor
farmermike

Follow up on my experience. After doing a security wipe and reinstall, I added my gmail email account and google contacts - but not my google calendar. The Z10 operated like its old self - ran cool and battery life was excellent. After 24 hours I added the google calander account - immediately the phone was warm and battery started losing power. In two hours it was dead. I plugged the phone in and allowed google calendar/ Z10 to update/synch for 8 hours. No luck.

Simply deleting the google calendar account does not stop the problem. A security wipe and reinstall was needed for me.  For now, I simply go online and add appointmenst there.  

I wish I would have kept track of when I updated the z10 to the latest software, is that what caused the issue to suddenly appear? 

Contributor
Freeskiken

Got frustrated with mine sent it in to get repaired. I will sell it. I don't want to say but I replaced my phone with another brand. Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate all the help I have received .