Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
redteg
My Device: Z10

Call Failure - Z10 - LTE/3G issues?

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Hi All,

I have an Unlocked BB10 being used on the Telus Network here in Toronto. For multiple times over the past few days I receive an error when making an outgoing call:  Call Failure - The call could not be connected. Please try again later. Someone originally told me it had to do with LTE and voice calls so I tried turning off LTE but it still happens, I even tried leaving wifi off but no change.

The fustrating part is this does NOT only affects outgoing calls. When this happens, my text messages fail and return a "general error", BBM doesn't work and my personal favourite....incoming calls go straight to my voicemail (as if my phone was turned off).  Phone is on and has signal strength, but on the last few occasions I noticed the bis icon near the signal bar dissapears as well.

If I reboot my phone all my texts, bbm, etc come in and it is ok until it comes up again. Anyone else having this issue or have a solution please help. I'm tired of making test calls from my landline all day to see if it is working. :smileysad:

Contributor
ashraq2u

Re: Call Failure - Z10 - LTE/3G issues?

hi you need to check with your telco..

Visitor
hwlo
My Device: z10

hi,

yes and im having the same problem like yours, all off sudden my z10 just could not make any outgoing call, did try re start it many time, pull battery, all still the same

so have u guyz found the solution for this problem ? need it kinda urgent

thanks guyz

Contributor
Dave88
My Device: Blackberry Z10

This is either something you need to discuss with your carrier or its a defective unit(less likely)

Contributor
ashraq2u

you can try a factory reset by getting a backup of your device, still does not work then you need to change your TELCO or speak to them.

New Contributor
ovidiuch

I am having the same problem with my phone. I tried everything: restore to factory setting, update, switched to 3G, 4G etc, did battery pull.. nothing works.

Still no answer to our problem?

rudyf21

well this issue for my case easy to solve:
go to your z10 phone setting.
click the smart dialing
st your country area code
then.. everything back to normal, you can make an outgoing call again.
i am having same problem before. I bought the phone for netherland and then i come in Romania and I had a different are code set.
this issue usually happend when you install skype or whatsapp. or you travel a lot.
hope can help
rudy

Stoffe_C

[ Edited ]

Hi. 

Had the same problem. Unlocked phone (Z10) on the 3 Network in Sweden.

For me, the only solution was to disable LTE/4G and only use the 3G/2G network. Has worked like a charm since i changed the settings. One thing that was really wierd..... when i tried without LTE at home, i had the same issue as befor (as you stated). Brougth the phone with me to work to reinstall the firmware but as soon as i left my home it started too work. Now i have used it a whole day at work and at home in the evening. Works flawlessly. Dont know why might have been the switching between basestations that gave it the push it needed :smileywink:

Apperantly most networks use data over LTE and voice over 3G/2G. The problem is that the network often have problems changing between modes (this IS a network issue, not a phone issue) thus locking up the phone/data on the handset (dont know why but it happens).

Weird that it hasnt worked out for you. Might be how your network handles the switching.....

As I said. This worked for me. Best of luck and please let us know how it works out for you.

/Cristofer

New Contributor
redteg

Thank Stoffe_C a few people mentioned switching to 3G/2G prevented the issue but that is not something that I feel is acceptable especially for a new phone. I have an LTE phone and LTE coverage so dont think I should settle for a 3g phone that isn't  working as advertised in my opinon.

A few others have experienced this issue and reccomended I get a new phone as it was under warranty so I did. I poped the same exact sim card into the replacement handset about 5 weeks ago and have not had this issue re-appear once. since i made no changes other than the handset I beleive it was a defective unit but this was also before the last update so maybe it was addresseed with that (not sure)

I'm glad reinstalling the new firmware worked for you, hopefully it continues this way.if your handset acts up again you might want to consider replacement.